Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am a third year student at University College Birmingham and also an official student blogger for the uni. First of all, Birmingham is a great city to live in with a lot going on and has a great student vibe to it. The University itself is small which makes it easier to get to know other students and lecturers. This in turn makes your university experience a lot more personal as it easier to have one on one with your lecturers if needs be. I found that this made me feel more comfortable and less nervous. I hope this helps. If you want to know more about the University feel free to check out the student blogs http://www.ucb.ac.uk/student-experie...cbloggers.aspx or ask me a question

Good luck with your application this year

ReputationRep:
    Im going to be in second year in sept and i feel like i dont have many friends, how should i go about making friends?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya! consider a new friend right here

I felt like this quite a bit before starting uni and while I made a few friends in my 1st year, in the second year I put myself out there more and made some amazing friends for life. Take a look at some of the Facebook groups and see what others are posting, or maybe write a post asking if anyone would like to hang out or go for lunch or something. When you go back in September it might be an idea to think about joining a sports club or society - even if you don't like to party much you can still make lots of friends doing something fun and you can learn a new skill too.

In my class we have a whatsapp group where we all talk to each other regularly and we arrange outings too or considering becoming a student ambassador is another really great way to make friends and you can meet people from all different years as well.

I'm also a blogger for UCB and I love to help other students and be a friend . If you ever want to have food or just a chat then please don't hesitate to contact me. what course are you studying?

hope this helps you
    Debby x

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.