Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So basically iv'e been in my job now for over 3 years, started as an apprentice then left after 7 months, was working elsewhere for 6 months and things wasn't the best so came back to this job where iv'e been working for more than 2 1/2 years.

I'm on a decent salary by eye (15,000) but for the amount of work and responsibility I have, its ridiculous. I basically do a Warehouse Managers job for minimal pay, I took over from the old Manager who now works in Procurement and do more than he did but I still don't earn a managers wage. I have brought it up with my employer and senior staff, that I would like to join the engineering side (I have some experience, as Iv'e had to help out on site before) as a trainee but nothing ever ever happens! Iv'e been told about 15 times this year that i'm getting a raise and I feel now i'm only ever told this so I keep working hard.

The job is stressful and the company is the worst organised company I have ever seen, and it is literally dragging me into the ground. I spend my dinner looking for new jobs and I have lost count on the amount I have applied for, some got back to me but I could never attend as it was too short notice before I could drive, the rest I never hear off. Even though I hold extensive experience in the industry I currently work for, it's just so hard finding someone who will give me the chance of an Interview.

Can anyone share some advice on maybe where I'm going wrong? Because this job is mentally draining me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeyWV)
    Can anyone share some advice on maybe where I'm going wrong? Because this job is mentally draining me.
    I'd not have stuck around for so long at being dumped with extra work without extra pay,

Continue looking around for another jobs, its far easier to do it whilst already employed because you don't have to be in a hurry to accept the first available offer.

Consider whether this is really the career you want to be doing. Your salary is alright but by all means nothing special. It may be worth taking a pay cut (or even going back to study) in order to move into something you enjoy more.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.