Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone knows any restaurants that hire christmas temps?

I live away from home at uni so I would need to job to fit my holidays whilst I'm back home. My uni holidays are quite late (end of December till the end of January) because we do our exams before christmas. However, retail seem to want to hire people starting from now until christmas/early January, so I obviously wouldn't be able to apply for these jobs.
    I was thinking due to this and also the experience I have (I have done voluntary work in a cafe) I would be better suited to waitressing/food prep jobs or even working in a pub. Im not sure if its true or not but I was told it would be more likely that I would find a job in this sector as they would be willing to keep me for a while into January.

I know Wetherspoons, Dominos and Pizza Hut sometimes hire christmas temps, but I was just wondering if anyone else knows any other restaurants?
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Try hotels, conference halls and the like as well. Turnover tends to be quite high and they'll be hosting loads of Christmas parties.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.