thefitzpaptricks
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
My son has completed the year 10 Science papers. He got 2 C and a D but his assessment paper let him down. Can he resit the assessment paper alone or must all papers be completed again ?
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by thefitzpaptricks)
My son has completed the year 10 Science papers. He got 2 C and a D but his assessment paper let him down. Can he resit the assessment paper alone or must all papers be completed again ?
I'm not quite sure what you are asking. If he has completed a GCSE but wants to improve his grade then he can carry forward the controlled assessment (or re-sit it )but he has to re-sit all the exams. The most recent attempt at each unit is the one that will count towards the overall grade.
Sophie-Hayton
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,

My daughter has taken GCSE Triple Science and in her Biology (Unit's 1-3 were taken) she has come out with a C for unit 3, which has dropped her mark down to a B. Could she just retake unit 3 again, or would she have to retake all three units? I have read that as long as you are retaking 40% for the subject you can re take, I am guessing this would be divided equally into 33% each, hence she would need to do the two units?

Thank you
usycool1
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Sophie-Hayton)
Hi,

My daughter has taken GCSE Triple Science and in her Biology (Unit's 1-3 were taken) she has come out with a C for unit 3, which has dropped her mark down to a B. Could she just retake unit 3 again, or would she have to retake all three units? I have read that as long as you are retaking 40% for the subject you can re take, I am guessing this would be divided equally into 33% each, hence she would need to do the two units?

Thank you
The 40% rule was the old rule - now she'll have to retake all units again (excluding controlled assessment, which she can carry forward).
Sophie-Hayton
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,

I did wonder if that was the case as it was an older thread that I had read. Thats great, thanks for letting me know!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (120)
14.35%
I'm not sure (36)
4.31%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (252)
30.14%
I have already dropped out (21)
2.51%
I'm not a current university student (407)
48.68%

Watched Threads