Turn on thread page Beta

Masters grades and applications watch

ReputationRep:
    Cut to the chase, I did a prestigious masters at Oxbridge (one of those hard to get entry on to) and I really flunked it, one fail and marks in the 50s. However, it is awarded on a pass/distinction basis and my official classification is the same as someone who achieved 68%.

They awarded it because I was depressed (I think) and there was enough merit with the one fail.

Am I right in thinking that most forms for TCs etc just ask for the classification of masters, not grades. I am not asking Oxbridge for the reference.

ReputationRep:
    They will usually want to see the module grades for masters courses and GDL/LPC.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    On about half of my TC apps I had to put my module grades for my masters.

Also, there is normally a section in the TC app that asks if you have ever failed a exam/module and reasons for, so you might have to disclose it then.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.