Turn on thread page Beta

So we are moving towards a totalitarian state, you guys ready? watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I'm not trying to fear monger, but, I am shining light on quite serious topic.

We are increasing under CCTV surveillance, constantly monitored/ recorded and free speak is a joke. Obviously there is more, but, I cant think of any at the moment.

So what we are going to do about it?

ReputationRep:
    Don't go outside

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM713)
    Ok, I'm not trying to fear munger, but, I am shining light on quite serious topic.

We are increasing under CCTV surveillance, constantly monitored/ recorded and free speak is a joke. Obviously there is more, but, I cant think of any at the moment.

So what are going to do about it?
    Don't forget the policing on what art forms are allowed in the UK now!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...ntering-the-uk

ReputationRep:
    I recall reading that CCTV usage was actually shrinking as councils looked to cut budgets.

Also you've always been monitored/recorded.. it's just only recently we've actually had confirmation of it.

What more free speak would you like to have that you don't already?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    Policing on what forms of abusive content are allowed. Going on an anti-gay rant is not art.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    No way! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-go)
    Don't go outside
    It's getting there, but, home is no sanctuary either.

ReputationRep:
    It's getting there, but, home is no sanctuary either.
    I know, I thought that as I wrote it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    I recall reading that CCTV usage was actually shrinking as councils looked to cut budgets.

Also you've always been monitored/recorded.. it's just only recently we've actually had confirmation of it.

What more free speak would you like to have that you don't already?
    That may be comforting for you, but, it doesn't changing anything.

Nothing specific, I'm talking generally.

ReputationRep:
    That may be comforting for you, but, it doesn't changing anything.
    Makes no difference to me, I couldn't care less about CCTV coverage as long as im not a victim of crime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Errm20)
    Firstly, we should ask our government nicely to stop monitoring us.

If they don't listen, we should protest against government measures.

If they continue to turn a blind eye and a deaf ear, we should consider rioting.
    That might just work!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Makes no difference to me, I couldn't care less about CCTV coverage as long as im not a victim of crime.
    Isn't that the problem, the fact that you don't care.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't that the problem, the fact that you don't care.
    It's only a problem of you not caring if the issue itself is worthy of caring. I don't consider it to be and so there is no problem with my lack of care

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    It's only a problem of you not caring if the issue itself is worthy of caring. I don't consider it to be and so there is no problem with my lack of care
    You don't see it as a problem, because it seems as far as you are concerned it doesn't affect you. That doesn't stop it from being one, it actually exacerbates it.

ReputationRep:
    You don't see it as a problem, because it seems as far as you are concerned it doesn't affect you. That doesn't stop it from being one, it actually exacerbates it.
    I dont really see how increased CCTV coverage in public areas would really affect anyone. Certainly not in a negative enough way to offset the benefits.

ReputationRep:
    Grade A paranoia. They aren't interested in monitoring you if you have done nothing wrong. CCTV can quite often provide vital evidence in convictions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    I dont really see how increased CCTV coverage in public areas would really affect anyone. Certainly not in a negative enough way to offset the benefits.
    Don't know where to begin then. So the benefits of CCTV coverage, is it makes you feel better, and reduces crimes?

ReputationRep:
    So the benefits of CCTV coverage, is it makes you feel better, and reduces crimes?
    Neither. The benefits are to help secure convictions.

ReputationRep:
    "War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength".

ReputationRep:
    I read as far as 'munger'. :lol:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.