Turn on thread page Beta

What is the best/most popular Volunteering abroad organisation for students? watch

ReputationRep:
    Want to go abroad to do some voluntary work but the organisations I have come across like STA travel cater for 18-35 rather than only for students. I don't mind that, but I rather be in a group with people of similar age. Does anyone know any popular programs or organisations for students?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d9717)
    Want to go abroad to do some voluntary work but the organisations I have come across like STA travel cater for 18-35 rather than only for students. I don't mind that, but I rather be in a group with people of similar age. Does anyone know any popular programs or organisations for students?

Thanks!
    I don't know who the best/most popular for students is to be honest. It's something I've been looking into doing next summer too, partly because, as an English student at university, I get ridiculously long holidays and partly because I think it's an amazing thing to do and help a country in need.

I have, however, found International Student Volunteers. I don't know much about these guys - I haven't had chance to look at them properly for myself yet!
    Here's the link to their site, so you can have a read for yourself.
    http://www.isvolunteers.org/about

I also found these guys:https://www.volunteerhq.org/
    Don't think they're specifically for students (I'm not really fussy if I'm entirely with students ) But they do look pretty decent and look like they know what they're doing and there's a lot of options for where to go/what to do etc (also one of the cheaper ones I've come across!)

There's also Camp America. Again, not sure if it's all the volunteers for that one are students, but perhaps something for you to look into!

All else failing, perhaps see if your college/university will help you out (assuming you're at college or uni, of course!)

Hope you find something soon!

ReputationRep:
    I also volunteer as an advisor for students volunteering abroad specially in India, As per my study most of the organizations actually work as a travel agency and they tie up with local organizations abroad to facilitate volunteer programs. I will suggest if you can directly approach community based organizations for the purpose it can actually reduce the cost of volunteering very much. let me know if you wish to discuss this in detail. I'll be quite happy to suggest

ReputationRep:
    Thank you both for your help!

ReputationRep:
    Hi If this help, I'm quite interested in volunteering abroad as well, and I found Diversity Abroad's website I think they're also a platform for such program. Check them out if you please

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.