Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys today I have recieved a job offer but I have to work fridays 4-8. I have not yet recieved my uni timetable so I do not know whether there will be a collision. I have worked hard to find this job and it will be my first job.
    Do you still think I should accept it?

ReputationRep:
    No, you shouldn't accept it. Your uni timetable may very well run up until 5pm or even 6pm on a Friday. You can't skip that class every single week. Either renegotiate the hours at the job or don't accept a job you may not be able to do.

Universities do not make allowances for absences due to work. if you are a full time student they expect you to be available to attend classes 8am-6pm, Monday-Friday. (Some unis go on even later and some are in classes on Saturdays, but that isn't the norm).

ReputationRep:
    Not sure why you can't accept the job and if it clashes either try and negotiate (if it allows you to be flexible with hours)

or...leave.

I mean it's not ideal for anyone to leave a job after a short amount of time, but at the end of the day if it's just Fridays then hopefully your timetable won't clash with it.

All the best

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.