Turn on thread page Beta

Do you ever take anything to cope with study stress? watch

• View Poll Results: Do you take anything to cope with study stress (eg herbal remedies, caffeine pills)
    I’m a girl, yes
    10.02%
    I’m a girl, no
    41.91%
    I’m a guy, yes
    7.40%
    I’m a guy, no
    40.66%

• TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    The best way to keep your mind sharp when you're studying is to eat well (and if you need some ideas on that, check the brain food article).

But, of course, plenty of people do choose to take various supplements to help them cope with their studies.

How about you - do you ever take anything to help you stay on top of your work?

ReputationRep:
    Nothing. I just go around streets jogging or do some pushups and crunches, it works just fine for me
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I had a lot of trouble sleeping during my A2 exams so after not managing to get any sleep before a Maths exam, I decided to get some Valerian pills. I don't know to what extent it was the placebo effect but they genuinely seemed to work, I was still stressed but I was managing to get to sleep which was a massive help.

ReputationRep:
    Only thing I'll be taking to keep me focused is an energy drink/coffee. The caffeine reduces the tiredness and fatigue.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing Take some time out when you need to, go out and get recharged, start with full on motivation

i just cry lol and occasionally vomit. then my mid is clear and im less stressed lol. but i dont take anything

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. A deep breath.

ReputationRep:
    I just binge on chocolate and get a venti mocha frappuccino from Starbucks :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    None of that herbal nonsense, but lots of snacks and de-stress faps.

ReputationRep:
    You need lot's of oxygen and seeing the world to make you realise how small your problems are.

Jogging is stressful on the knees and going to the gym is a lot of effort, taking up half the day.

I reckon a quick blast on the rollerblades is a good solution!

ReputationRep:
    Check out the skates with light-up wheels!

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    No need. I used to troll tsr

Although a friend of mine did watch the entire Harry Potter series. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protagoras)
    going to the gym is a lot of effort, taking up half the day.
    Only if your day lasts two hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    I had a lot of trouble sleeping during my A2 exams so after not managing to get any sleep before a Maths exam, I decided to get some Valerian pills. I don't know to what extent it was the placebo effect but they genuinely seemed to work, I was still stressed but I was managing to get to sleep which was a massive help.
    They were awesome during my A Levels. Definitely helped to "unwind" after a heavy evening's revision when your brain won't let you sleep.

ReputationRep:
    Never taken anything for stress. It's something I find pretty difficult to cope with, but I don't like taking stuff, so

ReputationRep:
    I don't take anything but it would sure as hell help me if I did. Something like Adderall would help a lot as I struggle to focus during studying but I don't bother taking anything

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I do take one herbal medicine it makes me feel kinda light and happy deals with my depression. I also study with it and do the exam on it and I get really high scores :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    I've been known to pop a few pro plus hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Do chocolates count? :loony::happy2:

ReputationRep:
    I do things to try and relieve stress like exercise & meditation, I've never really thought about pills. I don't think they'd help me.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.