Turn on thread page Beta

Maths grades?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I sat my maths paper today (non-calculator), and found it really hard. We do modular maths, and I have already completed 2 exams (statistics and number) and 2 pieces of coursework. I also do higher tier.
    So far, for 50% of my mark, I have got 41% which = A grade.

Today, I think I did really bad and got about a C grade, what grade would I have to get on the calculator paper next week to get an A grade overall, or wouldn't I be able to do this anymore?

Is it always 80% to get an A grade?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairezay)
    I sat my maths paper today (non-calculator), and found it really hard. We do modular maths, and I have already completed 2 exams (statistics and number) and 2 pieces of coursework. I also do higher tier.
    So far, for 50% of my mark, I have got 41% which = A grade.

Today, I think I did really bad and got about a C grade, what grade would I have to get on the calculator paper next week to get an A grade overall, or wouldn't I be able to do this anymore?

Is it always 80% to get an A grade?

Thanks
    Nope, if they're as hard as the ones I sat last year, they'll be much lower than 80% I think.

ReputationRep:
    Last year for AQA Maths, 16% overall was required for a C, 33% for a B and 50% for an A. I am not sure about the grade boundaries for the A* but i recon that all the grade boundaries will be lower this year because the paper was so awful! Good luck for next weeks exam!!

Lou
    xxx

16% for a C? How the hell are you supposed to fail that? That paper must have been confused with an advanced maths A-level paper.

ReputationRep:
    With edexcel a grade c on higher always has a lower boundry in the 16 to 25% range.

Mrm.

ReputationRep:
    Nah for AQA it was 21% for a C, 38% for a B, and 56% for an A.

This increased by a little for the calculator paper.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 9, 2004

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.