The Student Room Group

Drama and theatre studies applicants 2016 entry!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Original post by BruB
Guys, what were you asked to do at the Central audition? And do I really need sheet music? Because that is proving to be a problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! I think we've both posted before, you're there tomorrow right? Okay so you've got your contemporary and Shakespeare's, you need sheet music for a song from a musical and about 30 secs of an unaccompanied song of your choice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 501
Original post by rosiesharpy
Has anyone got offers yet?

Yes! Acting at GSA but still got some schools to go!
Original post by nath957
Yes! Acting at GSA but still got some schools to go!

When did you audition for GSA?
What other schools do you have to go?
Reply 503
Original post by PAStudent1996
When did you audition for GSA?
What other schools do you have to go?

My recall was on March 1st

I have last round of Guildhall and RCS to go and waiting to hear if I have last round at central and a second first round at LAMDA
Original post by nath957
My recall was on March 1st

I have last round of Guildhall and RCS to go and waiting to hear if I have last round at central and a second first round at LAMDA

When was your GSA first round? If you don't mind me asking :smile:
Reply 505
When was your GSA first round? If you don't mind me asking :smile:

The 23rd of Janruary I believe 😊, why do you ask?
Original post by nath957
The 23rd of Janruary I believe 😊, why do you ask?

Ok awesome, just wondered if we had ours on the same day that's all! My first round was the 27th February and I still haven't heard anything yet.
Reply 507
Ok awesome, just wondered if we had ours on the same day that's all! My first round was the 27th February and I still haven't heard anything yet.

Hey! you better give them a call! I had mine at GSA on the 27th and they rejected me long time ago!! Haha! Check your ucas!
Reply 508

Yea ring them mate, I'm on the foundation acting course there and we are very aware of how crap the admissions are
Original post by TP0983
Hey! you better give them a call! I had mine at GSA on the 27th and they rejected me long time ago!! Haha! Check your ucas!

My UCAS Track and Surrey Applicant Portal still say Considering/Pending. My friend auditioned on 21st March and was rejected shortly after, but was told applications weren't going to be looked at over the Easter Holiday!

Original post by nath957
Yea ring them mate, I'm on the foundation acting course there and we are very aware of how crap the admissions are

I've heard admissions aren't that on the ball, I'll see what happens after the half term, thanks mate.
Hey guys as this is the most recent and active forum I have a few questions that I feel are best answered here. (Cause you're all so smart and cool)

Basically I'm an Australian although I do have a British passport so therefore I can go to uni in England. All of my family is there. I'm starting a Bachelors Fine Arts (Drama) at QUT next year as I have had to have a year off due to family circumstances. This course is very good in Australia although is not specifically acting because I would like to go to england for that. So I have a real fighting chance. 😂

I did want to do the BA in Acting at a drama school although it looks like a lot of people are just doing 1 or 2 year courses after doing a degree at uni. I was wondering what the pros and cons are for doing either the BA or short courses?

Thanks 💜
Reply 511
Original post by Aquamed
Hey! I think we've both posted before, you're there tomorrow right? Okay so you've got your contemporary and Shakespeare's, you need sheet music for a song from a musical and about 30 secs of an unaccompanied song of your choice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow, I completely forgot to check the forum. Thank you, though! I ended up not having to sing at all, but it was probably the most fun I've had at an audition so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok, I'm going out of my mind waiting. Has anyone heard anything from Bristol Old Vic? I auditioned back in January for their MA program and got shortlisted the week following my audition.
I'm going out of my mind waiting for results too.

Is there anybody who has an offer for American Theatre Arts at Rose Bruford on here?
Reply 514
I'm going out of my mind waiting for results too.

Is there anybody who has an offer for American Theatre Arts at Rose Bruford on here?

No but I have an offer for European Theatre Arts at RB :smile:
Reply 515
If I take a gap year, what should I do to improve my chances for the next time? Any specific courses or schools I should check out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Update: Got an offer for ALRA Foundation Course. :smile:
Reply 517
Update: Got an offer for ALRA Foundation Course. :smile:

Congrats!! :smile: well done!! When did you audition? I had mine last week at ALRA didnt get recalled to the evening though! Are you going to accept it?
Congrats!! You must be excited/relieved!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TP0983
Congrats!! :smile: well done!! When did you audition? I had mine last week at ALRA didnt get recalled to the evening though! Are you going to accept it?

Thanks. I auditioned last week too, for the BA course?! Tuesday 5th, didn't get past Stage 1, they must have thought I would have been suitable for the Foundation instead.

I've enquired into it so waiting for a reply, it's really dependant on my other results which I haven't had yet, Rose Bruford for ATA is still pending and GSA have neither offered me a recall or rejected me yet.

How's your journey been? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending