Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    First year, I did D1 and I did pretty well. Now this year, we have a choice of S1 or D2, I just want to know which one is easier... I been told that D1 and D2 doesn't overlap each other which made me hesitate on picking it.

So please give me advice on which one to pick, thank you

ReputationRep:
    I'd pick S1. I hear D2 is quite a bit harder than D1, whereas with S1 you're starting a new discipline from scratch (sort of). Not as many people do D2, so there's a selection effect, where a greater portion of those who do take D2 are the stronger candidates anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strangesquark)
    I'd pick S1. I hear D2 is quite a bit harder than D1, whereas with S1 you're starting a new discipline from scratch (sort of). Not as many people do D2, so there's a selection effect, where a greater portion of those who do take D2 are the stronger candidates anyway.
    Is S1 more like GCSE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Math student)
    Is S1 more like GCSE?
    More so than D2 in my opinion. At least you've done some basic stats at GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strangesquark)
    More so than D2 in my opinion. At least you've done some basic stats at GCSE.
    True, thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    True, thank you so much!
    You're welcome. Good luck with your studies.

ReputationRep:
    First year, I did D1 and I did pretty well. Now this year, we have a choice of S1 or D2, I just want to know which one is easier... I been told that D1 and D2 doesn't overlap each other which made me hesitate on picking it.

So please give me advice on which one to pick, thank you
    Pick S1 its an AS unit, so it will be much easier.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.