Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I'm planning to apply for Clinical MD in general internal medicine course at the university of Buckingham..

I have checked around the course and it looks pretty exciting and good for international student like me..

I wanna see the students prospective about the university, and the course particularly, as i believe students can tell me better about the course than the university it self.

1. Please if any student who is doing the Graduate Medicine course please reply here and let all the people benefit from your experience ,or contact me directly and help me get a better picture about the course and the university.

2.If you are a student who have applied for the course let us know as well, we wanna learn about the reasons that made your decision

also for students who are doing any course, your general experience at the university will be appreciated ...

THANK YOU

ReputationRep:
    NO ONE??!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    wishing you all the most beautiful life..
    I am planning to do general internal medicine MD from Buckingham University. I am novice so dont know exactly where to and what to begin with. kindly guide me in that regard. How to apply for the PG course and how much time would it take to complete the whole procedure? I would like to join by this May 2016 intake. Kindly help me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DRFAVAZ)
    Hi everyone,
    wishing you all the most beautiful life..
    I am planning to do general internal medicine MD from Buckingham University. I am novice so dont know exactly where to and what to begin with. kindly guide me in that regard. How to apply for the PG course and how much time would it take to complete the whole procedure? I would like to join by this May 2016 intake. Kindly help me.

cool someone on same boat .. where you from? have you gone through the requirements?

if you like to discuss more, u can private message me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dr.abrar2015)
    cool someone on same boat .. where you from? have you gone through the requirements?

if you like to discuss more, u can private message me
    I have contacted some of the officials given in their own website and so waiting for the reply..shall revert back once I get some hint..😊

ReputationRep:
    I have contacted some of the officials given in their own website and so waiting for the reply..shall revert back once I get some hint..😊
    aha cool. they kind of too lazy replying to emails don't know why. i sometimes wait two weeks to get a reply... hmmmm wondering how they claim to have good student satisfaction.. hope u get a reply from them soon, let me know what you hear from them

thanks

ReputationRep:
    aha cool. they kind of too lazy replying to emails don't know why. i sometimes wait two weeks to get a reply... hmmmm wondering how they claim to have good student satisfaction.. hope u get a reply from them soon, let me know what you hear from them

thanks
    Hi i got a reply fro them..here is it "cntrl v..."

Thank you for your enquiry. Our next available intake is May 2016.
    Please visit http://www.buckingham.ac.uk/medicine/postgrad for details on the courses that we offer and for more details our entry requirements.
    The fees for the Clinical MD are currently £27,000 per annum. We do not have any funding or scholarships available.Once you are ready to apply for the Clinical MD you can do this online here: http://www.buckingham.ac.uk/medicine/postgrad/apply.
    Completed application forms will only be considered together with submission of all supporting documents as follows:
    2 Academic references
    IELTS (or confirmation that your training was conducted in English)
    Compulsory Internship certificate
    Medical Council registration
    MBBS transcripts and
    final certificate
    NB scanned copies of original documents must be submitted
    Application closing dates:
    31 October for courses starting in June§
    1 March for courses starting in November
    Spaces for 2015 are now filled and the next available start date will be May 2016. If you require further details please contact [email protected]
    regards,
    School of Science and Postgraduate Medicine
    The University of Buckingham,
    Buckingham MK18 1EG
    https://twitter.com/UoB_medic?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%5d
    Tel: +44 (0) 1280 827550
    Medical School Logo Burgundy smallUniversity of Buckingham – Leading the National Student Survey since 2006

ReputationRep:
    Hi following that reply i enquired them regarding the Medical Council Of India recognition. (After the course, MCI recognition is a must to practice here in India). And they replied.. see below again "control v"

"we have had several past students gain official recognition from the MCI for the MD course. Sometime late last year this stopped and we were later told, during a meeting that they were due to update their official list. This list was created back in 2004, so before the MD existed hence why were not on it. We have been told by MCI officials that the list will be revised and completed by March 2016 and are confident that we will feature on this list. Once the MCI are satisfied with the paperwork we have sent them, then the problem should be resolved. We hope for a positive outcome very soon."

ReputationRep:
    Hi following that reply i enquired them regarding the Medical Council Of India recognition. (After the course, MCI recognition is a must to practice here in India). And they replied.. see below again "control v"

"we have had several past students gain official recognition from the MCI for the MD course. Sometime late last year this stopped and we were later told, during a meeting that they were due to update their official list. This list was created back in 2004, so before the MD existed hence why were not on it. We have been told by MCI officials that the list will be revised and completed by March 2016 and are confident that we will feature on this list. Once the MCI are satisfied with the paperwork we have sent them, then the problem should be resolved. We hope for a positive outcome very soon."
    Sounds interesting. i believe they will easily receive a recognition from MCI.

How long do they take to reply usually? and are you contacting the medical school . i guess her name is Miriam ?

Thanks a lot for sharing, hope many people will benefit from your post as well

ReputationRep:
    Sounds interesting. i believe they will easily receive a recognition from MCI.

How long do they take to reply usually? and are you contacting the medical school . i guess her name is Miriam ?

Thanks a lot for sharing, hope many people will benefit from your post as well
    Hi
    Seems they will get the recognition by March 2016.
    And you are correct its Ms.Miriam the one whom I contacted and I asked about procedures for admission for that she asked to contact one Dr.Piyush. And so have sent an email to him. And now waiting for his reply.

ReputationRep:
    Are you aware that Buckingham in a private university and not like most English universities?

The town is quite small and does not have a train station.

ReputationRep:
    Hi im hoping to apply here also for 2017 cycle.

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Seems they will get the recognition by March 2016.
    And you are correct its Ms.Miriam the one whom I contacted and I asked about procedures for admission for that she asked to contact one Dr.Piyush. And so have sent an email to him. And now waiting for his reply.
    ahaa, yeah i read on their website that he is their agency for India.

I have already applied, waiting for their response at the moment , let us see how it goes ...

i applied for may 2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muttley79)
    Are you aware that Buckingham in a private university and not like most English universities?

The town is quite small and does not have a train station.
    Yes we are aware, being private university doesn't make it any less better than other universities in UK. and i'm an international student so the price i have to pay for government funded university or private university is still the same, the case is different for national students.Furthermore the clinical MD course is rare to be found in any other university, that is if you want to do medical training in the UK you have to pass PLAB first which for me is wasting time because i don't want to work in the UK then why take their license exam?!

overall i think that this course is the main reason i chose Buckingham , and them being private university doesn't matter for me because i will still be paying the same

ReputationRep:
    Yes we are aware, being private university doesn't make it any less better than other universities in UK. and i'm an international student so the price i have to pay for government funded university or private university is still the same, the case is different for national students.Furthermore the clinical MD course is rare to be found in any other university, that is if you want to do medical training in the UK you have to pass PLAB first which for me is wasting time because i don't want to work in the UK then why take their license exam?!

overall i think that this course is the main reason i chose Buckingham , and them being private university doesn't matter for me because i will still be paying the same
    I think you've misunderstood - most unis are NOT private - this uni is different to virtually all others in England. How will you get there? Transport is poor ...

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Please let us know if anyone gets an offer. I am too in same boat waiting for their reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by urooj786)
    Hello,

Please let us know if anyone gets an offer. I am too in same boat waiting for their reply.
    Hai,
    I have submitted online application and now waiting for the offer letter. shall wait and see. Hope for the best.

ReputationRep:
    If u dont mind were u done with IELTS i.e overall 7.5?

ReputationRep:
    Hello Dr Favaz,
    After application, did they msg u saying ur application had been successfully completed?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=urooj786;59957031]Hello Dr Favaz,
    After application, did they msg u saying ur application had been successfully completed?[/QUOTE

Dear urooj786,
    After the submission of application they have asked me to send the documents. So I have sent that too. Now it will take about 3 weeks to get a further reply from them,so waiting for it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 30, 2018
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.