The Student Room Group
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

i'm still waiting for reply takes longer than i thought.. Did you guys read the PDF file link from their website that contains all the full details of the course..
It seems like after all we will not be taking the course at Buckingham university it self, but at Ealing Hospital which is in West London or maybe other hospitals..
from what i understood from the PDF file, is that all theoretical classes including practice placements will be taken in the hospital and we can find hospital accommodation if we need, there will be one subject that we will be taking in Buckingham university campus..

Please read the PDF file and let us discuss what you understood from it too.. If you don't have the link for it let me know, i will post it here :smile:..
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website
Original post by urooj786
If u dont mind were u done with IELTS i.e overall 7.5?

As long as you have a proof that your MBBS or Medical course was taught in English language you don't need to take IELTS exam or get that score.. However if you are planning to get GMC sponsorship for example if you wanna work in UK at that time you need to pass IELTS with a score of 7.5...
Reply 22
Thanks for the input!!

Yes! i read the PDF file. According to my view, i think there are certain weeks that we need to complete as our clinical rotation, that would be in this hospital.
Reply 23
[QUOTE="DRFAVAZ;59957479"]
Hello Dr Favaz,
After application, did they msg u saying ur application had been successfully completed?[/QUOTE

Dear urooj786,
After the submission of application, they have asked me to send the documents. So I have sent that too. Now it will take about 3 weeks to get a further reply from them, so waiting for it.

Hello Dr Favaz,

My referee had submitted the LOR, and my application has successfully been completed. Now, just waiting for an offer to come inshaAllah, once this application deadline passes, which is 31 Oct for June intake.
Thanks for the input!!

Yes! i read the PDF file. According to my view, i think there are certain weeks that we need to complete as our clinical rotation, that would be in this hospital.

You are welcome :smile:...

Good luck on your application.. Is there June intake as well? i thought it was only May and November...

I'm also currently waiting for a response from them, i'm planning to go for May intake ...
Reply 25
i mean May intake!
Reply 26
Original post by dr.abrar2015
You are welcome :smile:...

Good luck on your application.. Is there June intake as well? i thought it was only May and November...

I'm also currently waiting for a response from them, i'm planning to go for May intake ...

Hello,
Is there any feed back for this program? i mean anyone who has already been selected and in the program. Any review about this program would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply 27
[QUOTE="urooj786;60135443"]
Original post by DRFAVAZ

Hello Dr Favaz,

My referee had submitted the LOR, and my application has successfully been completed. Now, just waiting for an offer to come inshaAllah, once this application deadline passes, which is 31 Oct for June intake.

Dear ,
Actually I am bit confused regarding sending the LOR. Because it was notified that the university will contact our referees to submit the LOR. But I was asked to forward the copies of LOR myself along with all the documents by Dr.Piyush Prasad.( One of them who help in admission procedures in India). Please help me in that regard.Did anyone contact your referees to submit the LOR?
Reply 28
Hello,
Is there any feed back for this program? i mean anyone who has already been selected and in the program. Any review about this program would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Dear urooj786,
Here is one of review from a passed out student of Buckingham University:

"this course is a full time/5 day/ 2 year course giving an MD in internal medicine at the end under University of Buckingham...We are posted in 5 different hospitals in the UK for clinical experience in different specialities. The course is not so extensive as in India because the practical procedures and hands-on treatment can be done only when you pass PLAB 1 n 2 and get GMC registration. The theoretical knowledge is great and the teaching is very good, both by Indian teachers and british professors. You will be able to witness and observe all the procedures being carried out here but you will not be able to do any procedures or intervention unless you are GMC registered.You don’t need to clear the PLAB exams in order to join this course but again this course does not get you GMC registration. Registration is very important if you want to practice here.This MD was recognised officially by the MCI and the Govt of India has recognised this degree in reciprocation, now there were some difficulties in the recognition , which has been told as being solved and will be reinstated by march 2016..dont know latest on that event... That means you will not be able to work in the govt hospitals in india but you can work in any private or corporate hospitals or carry on your PP. Many of my seniors from here have joined Apollo and Fortis hospitals back in India.in Hyderabad and in Delhi and are doing well.The good thing is that during this course, the university gives study leave also in order to sit for the PLAB exams or the MRCPs...u can do these exams while doing this course. I did my PLAB 1 from New Delhi and then joined this course and then did PLAB 2 while in this course.Many of my seniors have cleared PLABs, MRCP 1 and MRCP 2 also while in this course which becomes an added qualification and is highly rated all over the world .Once you get GMC registration, you can start working as well i.e. doing locums here, working in hospital as medical officers..even while you are pursuing this course..because you are allowed 20 hours/week on the student visa that you get. So you start earning as well in the meantime."
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by DRFAVAZ
Dear urooj786,
Here is one of review from a passed out student of Buckingham University:

"this course is a full time/5 day/ 2 year course giving an MD in internal medicine at the end under University of Buckingham...We are posted in 5 different hospitals in the UK for clinical experience in different specialities. The course is not so extensive as in India because the practical procedures and hands-on treatment can be done only when you pass PLAB 1 n 2 and get GMC registration. The theoretical knowledge is great and the teaching is very good, both by Indian teachers and british professors. You will be able to witness and observe all the procedures being carried out here but you will not be able to do any procedures or intervention unless you are GMC registered.You don’t need to clear the PLAB exams in order to join this course but again this course does not get you GMC registration. Registration is very important if you want to practice here.This MD was recognised officially by the MCI and the Govt of India has recognised this degree in reciprocation, now there were some difficulties in the recognition , which has been told as being solved and will be reinstated by march 2016..dont know latest on that event... That means you will not be able to work in the govt hospitals in india but you can work in any private or corporate hospitals or carry on your PP. Many of my seniors from here have joined Apollo and Fortis hospitals back in India.in Hyderabad and in Delhi and are doing well.The good thing is that during this course, the university gives study leave also in order to sit for the PLAB exams or the MRCPs...u can do these exams while doing this course. I did my PLAB 1 from New Delhi and then joined this course and then did PLAB 2 while in this course.Many of my seniors have cleared PLABs, MRCP 1 and MRCP 2 also while in this course which becomes an added qualification and is highly rated all over the world .Once you get GMC registration, you can start working as well i.e. doing locums here, working in hospital as medical officers..even while you are pursuing this course..because you are allowed 20 hours/week on the student visa that you get. So you start earning as well in the meantime."

Thank you for the information from the student :smile:.. this was very informative and clear.

do you have any idea where the theoretical classes will be taken? i mean Buckingham is quite far from Ealing hospital or the other NHS trust hospitals. so is the theoretical classes taken in Ealing hospital or at Buckingham campus ?

also where did the student live? if they lived in Buckingham campus then it must be difficult to go to Ealing hospital in west London and other NHS trust hospitals are also far from Buckingham? how did they manage to do that..

would be good if we could get information regarding theoretical classes location and where students chose to live ^_^
Reply 30
Oops Sorry to say that we will have to wait for the detailed update from someone else regarding the accommodation and place of stay.
Reply 31
Original post by DRFAVAZ
Oops Sorry to say that we will have to wait for the detailed update from someone else regarding the accommodation and place of stay.

Hello Favaz,
Thanks a lot! For the detail information. It is of great help.
Reply 32
Original post by DRFAVAZ

Dear Urooj786,
Did University contact any of your referees? I was initially informed that admission department will contact our both referees and ask them to submit letter of references, and so I didn't submit the letter of references then. But later on I had a chat with Dr.Piyush Prasad (one of the authority as recommended by the admission section) and he asked me to submit all the documents including letter of references to him. So I have forwarded the same to him. So Actually now I'm bit confused. Hence someone help me in this regard..
Reply 33
Hello DR.FAVAZ,

It's better to send all documents including LOR and ask your referee to be ready as they will 100% contact them. Hope I answered your question.
Reply 34
Hello DR.FAVAZ,

It's better to send all documents including LOR and ask your referee to be ready as they will 100% contact them. Hope I answered your question.

Dear urooj786,
Thank you for the reply. It's well appreciated. So the referees shall send only once the university asks them to do so,am I right?
Reply 35
As long as the University receive LOR that's enough.
Reply 36
As long as the University receive LOR that's enough.

Thanks loads..
Original post by DRFAVAZ
Thanks loads..

Don't worry :smile:..
I asked the university directly that i graduated and i'm not in touch with my referees since i left the country i studied at, they said as long as you have the reference letters in a letterhead of the hospital , and stamped with doctors signature, it should be enough... If there will be any suspicion they might request to give the referees contact address, but mostly probably there won't be need for that ...

Goodluck
Reply 38
Original post by dr.abrar2015
Don't worry :smile:..
I asked the university directly that i graduated and i'm not in touch with my referees since i left the country i studied at, they said as long as you have the reference letters in a letterhead of the hospital , and stamped with doctors signature, it should be enough... If there will be any suspicion they might request to give the referees contact address, but mostly probably there won't be need for that ...

Goodluck

Thanks again. Hoping for the best.
Reply 39
Hai mates,
Just received an email saying that the application is successfully completed and they have put my name in waiting list for the admission and now they are planning spaces and fee structures. And hence they can't provide a offer letter until they finalise it.

Hope you all might have received the same. Actually why do they want to replan the spaces and fee structure every year? I didn't get it properly.

Latest

Trending

Trending