Turn on thread page Beta

GGA4 and GGA5 Geography A2 AQA Spec A watch

ReputationRep:
    hey, well my day yesterday couldnt have been worse!!!! i messed up my eng lit paper in the morning and couldnt get it out of my head, it was too hot, i was tired and couldnt concentrate!! so i think i've done rubbish!

i did the essays on gemorphological processes and tourism!

short quest on coasts,cold environments, tourism and population

would ahve to agree it was a weird paper!

fingers crossed for a B but i will need a miracle!!! my essays werent that outstanding.

o well over and done with now.

ReputationRep:
    I sure u have done better than u think. U seem to know your stuff, but very unfair of AQA to put two exams on the same day. That stupid map really got me on tourism question. Did u give references to locations? I did just hoping that i was meant to. Also what areas did u write for your tourism essay? I think i may have gone off in the wrong topic areas at some points

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fivebyfive)
    I sure u have done better than u think. U seem to know your stuff, but very unfair of AQA to put two exams on the same day. That stupid map really got me on tourism question. Did u give references to locations? I did just hoping that i was meant to. Also what areas did u write for your tourism essay? I think i may have gone off in the wrong topic areas at some points

no i didnt give grid ref, maybe i should have done! o dear!!

for the essay i talked about the benefits of tourism aiding development then went onto say they are drawbacks and mydrals model illsutrates that growth occurs in core areas therefore not everyone benefits!, i used various case studies to back up points like maritius/costa rica/lake district/thailand, found by self rabbiting on about sustainable tourism for some reason. the more i think about it the more i worry now! lol

ReputationRep:
    Well i'm in the same boat, my essay was along those lines. i talked more about susitainable tourism than i should of, so that suggests that it kinda led u down that road. Anyway i'm over it now. On to the next lot :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fivebyfive)
    Suprisingly i thought GGA4 was easy when its my weaker paper. GGA5 was hard, i started to get tired by then my room was boiling too. Waste managment was my weakest topic in Urban change and Tourism questions were weird. Think my essay was bit crap for GGA5 (tourism question), but i need to get 2 high U's which i think i got. What essays did u answer?

i did the hazards one in 4 and the toursim one in 5, thought the tourism essay was really easy - basically the pros and cons of toursim. yeah same I just need 2 high U's to get an A overall, so not too bothered! Would be nice if i got 100% in both again this year but I don't think that will happen, but then again you never know! We havent done anything on waste management!! I thought - what are the characterisitcs of techtonic plates, and how do alternate magneic striping provide evidence for plate techtonics, wierd as I hadn't revised anything on the theory of plate techtonics!!

ReputationRep:
    OMG i wrote nothing on Myradals model! didnt even think about that side! I basically concentrated on foreign leakage, and most of the benefits doing to the consumer, the governement and TNC's blah blah and that the gov tends to redirect investment towards the tourism industry/sell out to large chain hotels etc etc! my only synoptic bit was how countries could progress through the DTM through social/economic development that tourism could bring.

yes I did grid refs and refered to the map. I liked that question excpt for the 7marker which was unsusal but I just adapted strategies used in the lake district national park.

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.