Turn on thread page Beta

Was I in the wrong for not replying to him..? watch

ReputationRep:
    To cut a long story short, I haven't seen the guy I'm seeing for nearly 2 months now. He messages and rarely calls, because he is either busy working (Nurse), or too tired from work.
    Last text was Friday where I told him he went MIA this week, and said that he was sorry but has been doing double shifts this week and would message me when he got a chance. I didn't reply to that message, do you think I should of?
    I mean I really like him and he is always apologetic to not seeing me and what not i also fully understand his job and the way he is always tired. Do you think I should message him seeing I didn't reply to his last one? or wait for him to message me?

ReputationRep:
    If he says he will message you when he's got time then leave it. If he messages you then fine but if he doesn't, you've not chased him. You've not been seeing him for long and not every relationship is right for you, or for him. Some people are too wet to say what they really mean so you don't want to feel like s**t because you disregarded what he said, messaged him back and never heard from him again. I you don't hear from him then you know what his comment means.

I've learnt this through bitter experience. Only time will tell whether he's being straight with you or being a drip. Get back out there! There will be plenty of snogs over Christmas and you don't want to be tied down to someone who isn't really that arsed anyway.

Do people still think its 'cool' not to reply or delay replies to make them seem busy? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Gentleman)
    Do people still think its 'cool' not to reply or delay replies to make them seem busy? :/
    I've never subscribed to mind games - either reply or don't, games are for the playground as far as I'm concerned!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2015
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.