The Student Room Group

Psychology Work experience

I am currently doing A2 psychology and would like to pursue my career in clinical psychology. Do you know where I can get some work experience for this as I am struggling so much to get any? Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by _vitsss
I am currently doing A2 psychology and would like to pursue my career in clinical psychology. Do you know where I can get some work experience for this as I am struggling so much to get any? Thank you :smile:

Hi :smile: I know someone in her second year of clinical psychology and for her work experience she went with the police force for a week! Although it's not directly associated, she was able to link skills she learnt needed for the course so her personal statement was really good! I don't know if a care home or something in that environment would be useful? I'm not a psychology student myself I'm basing this on my friends experience so hope that helps!
Reply 2
Original post by beth16x
Hi :smile: I know someone in her second year of clinical psychology and for her work experience she went with the police force for a week! Although it's not directly associated, she was able to link skills she learnt needed for the course so her personal statement was really good! I don't know if a care home or something in that environment would be useful? I'm not a psychology student myself I'm basing this on my friends experience so hope that helps!

Thank you so much!:h: However, I am only in sixth form studying psychology and I want to do clinical psychology in uni which i will be applying for this year. So, i'm not sure if they would allow me since i'm only 17 (turning 18 next month)
Reply 3
Original post by _vitsss
Thank you so much!:h: However, I am only in sixth form studying psychology and I want to do clinical psychology in uni which i will be applying for this year. So, i'm not sure if they would allow me since i'm only 17 (turning 18 next month)

My friend did this work experience in year 12 so hopefully it should be alright :smile: best to ask though!
Reply 4
Original post by beth16x
My friend did this work experience in year 12 so hopefully it should be alright :smile: best to ask though!

Oh I see. Yup, I will give it a go! Thank you so much!! :smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest