Turn on thread page Beta

Might be getting an apprenticeship, how do I drop out of college?! watch

ReputationRep:
    Long story, short: I might be getting an apprenticeship tomorrow and I also have my first day of college tomorrow as well. If I get this apprenticeship, how do I drop out of college? Do I say anything to them tomorrow?

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iDeccclan)
    Long story, short: I might be getting an apprenticeship tomorrow and I also have my first day of college tomorrow as well. If I get this apprenticeship, how do I drop out of college? Do I say anything to them tomorrow?

Thanks in advance!
    Your question is a bit vague, by getting an apprenticeship do you mean you have an interview or that you will actually be starting an apprenticeship? If you know 100% that you have secured an apprenticeship then just inform your college that you've secured an apprenticeship otherwise I would think that it would be best to not say anything unless you need to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EL_Horse)
    Your question is a bit vague, by getting an apprenticeship do you mean you have an interview or that you will actually be starting an apprenticeship? If you know 100% that you have secured an apprenticeship then just inform your college that you've secured an apprenticeship otherwise I would think that it would be best to not say anything unless you need to.
    Sorry, I'll explain a little more. I have an interview for an apprenticeship tomorrow and the agencey I went through said that if I do well, I am very likely to get this. If I do, I've been told that I might end up starting on Monday.
    The main concern I have is that (even though I heard about people dropping out all the time) the college made me sign an agrement paper that says:

"[My Name] is unemployed, not looking for work and/or not available to start work and/or wants to enter employment, and believes skills training will assist in securing employment"

I also says that external agencies cannot contact me about learning opportunities.

Thanks for the reply

ReputationRep:
    Uh...interesting document your college made you sign. Hmm this definitely sounds like something you need to talk to your college about but i doubt they could force you to stay anyway.

ReputationRep:
    That letter you signed makes it sound like you are receiving some kind of payment from the college, is this true? At the end of the day they cannot force you to stay. I would make sure you have the apprenticeship 100% secured before you talk to your college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iDeccclan)

Thanks in advance!
    are you getting a bursary fund i know people who enrolled somewhere then they just don't turn up they cant do anything anyway but find out if you got the apprenticeship in the first place then you don't have to be stuck in the middle.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.