Turn on thread page Beta

Law courses that don't require a levels? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    I'm an 18 year old, who messed up at college due to poorly run courses and was unwell for a long period of my time at college so couldn't attend and it resulted in me dropping out! Does anyone know if there is any way I would still be able to get to uni? A foundation course maybe? I was looking to do a course in law but seeing as I don't have the a levels, I haven't had any luck anywhere as of yet! If anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Aside from A Levels/Btec you can't do a law degree with any other course i.e access course however if you want to go into the legal field then a more vocational route might be better for you - take a look at CILEX

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haydarihussaini)
    you can't do a law degree with any other course i.e access course
    I'm confused, are you saying that you can't do a law degree with an access course? Because you actually can? Many people do this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lledrith)
    I'm confused, are you saying that you can't do a law degree with an access course? Because you actually can? Many people do this.
    oh really? sorry I didnt know this. I've always been told either a-levels/equivalent or cilex route

ReputationRep:
    oh really? sorry I didnt know this. I've always been told either a-levels/equivalent or cilex route
    It's okay! I think despite their age, access courses can still be a little bit mysterious in terms of what they can unlock academically.

ReputationRep:
    Never trust any 'advice' given on TSR, half the people have no idea what they're talking about.

A quick google came up with this https://www.bradfordcollege.ac.uk/co...sstohelaw-many which just shows that you can go on to do a law degree after an Access course. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Aside from A Levels/Btec you can't do a law degree with any other course i.e access course however if you want to go into the legal field then a more vocational route might be better for you - take a look at CILEX
    IB and Pre-U, and as has been mentioned Access, all are suitable qualifications with which to apply for law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duncan2012)
    Never trust any 'advice' given on TSR, half the people have no idea what they're talking about.

A quick google came up with this https://www.bradfordcollege.ac.uk/co...sstohelaw-many which just shows that you can go on to do a law degree after an Access course. Good luck!
    no need to be rude - I studied law at A-Level and we learnt about the different routes into law which didn't include access courses so I wasn't aware that you could take that route.

ReputationRep:
    no need to be rude - I studied law at A-Level and we learnt about the different routes into law which didn't include access courses so I wasn't aware that you could take that route.
    I'm sorry that your A-level teaching was wrong. You did come on here and provide a seemingly definitive answer which was untrue and didn't help the OP. All I did was highlight the fact that a lot of the 'advice' on TSR cannot be relied upon.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for then advice everyone, has been very helpful to to me

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 13, 2015
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.