The Student Room Group

Help me understand iGCSE points?

For iGCSE ICT (I only did 2 international exams) I got 34 Points which says D, nothing else? Sowhat is this points things and how many more would I need to get a C? I don't understand because they say add up and divide, but I only have points for this?

I think it works like the rest of GCSEs where ass up the individual units. But I don't have em.

The rest are GCSEs, most have labeled the mark equivalent and what I got for each individual unit (expect CIE iGCSE ICT :/)

So what are the points? Are they related with UCAS?

Oh yeah, and I found this http://www.henrybox.oxon.sch.uk/content/how-do-i-get-42-gcse-points
Original post by Just_Another_One
For iGCSE ICT (I only did 2 international exams) I got 34 Points which says D, nothing else? Sowhat is this points things and how many more would I need to get a C? I don't understand because they say add up and divide, but I only have points for this?

I think it works like the rest of GCSEs where ass up the individual units. But I don't have em.

The rest are GCSEs, most have labeled the mark equivalent and what I got for each individual unit (expect CIE iGCSE ICT :/)

So what are the points? Are they related with UCAS?

Oh yeah, and I found this http://www.henrybox.oxon.sch.uk/content/how-do-i-get-42-gcse-points

What are you actually trying to do? As far as I'm aware, these are DFE point scores which are mainly used for administrative and statistical purposes when comparing schools and how pupils perform in exams (e.g. schools publish an average point score which translates to the average grade someone achieved). This is unrelated to UCAS because you don't get UCAS points for GCSEs. I'm confused about what you're trying to do though.
I got D in ICT IGCSE, and I to know how many I was form a C, but my GCSE results list does have the grade for the individual unit.
Original post by Just_Another_One
I got D in ICT IGCSE, and I to know how many I was form a C, but my GCSE results list does have the grade for the individual unit.

Is there a number with UMS after it? Otherwise talk to a teacher.

Quick Reply

Latest