Turn on thread page Beta

Help...i am freaking out!!! watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    So i had my results back for year 10 and because i got A* in Lit but a D in language, my teacher have prioritised my paper to be remarked and there were a lot of people in the same situation too so we suspect it's WJEC fault.
    But they sent my paper back to school and commented that my story was too disturbing... are they even allowed to mark it with opinion on the story, i thought they can only follow the mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    So i had my results back for year 10 and because i got A* in Lit but a D in language, my teacher have prioritised my paper to be remarked and there were a lot of people in the same situation too so we suspect it's WJEC fault.
    But they sent my paper back to school and commented that my story was too disturbing... are they even allowed to mark it with opinion on the story, i thought they can only follow the mark scheme?

it was a story about how a son killed his mum. my english teacher said it was written ''beautifully'' but they thought it's too disturbing even though she dont think so herself so shes still arguing with them. What do you think?! i am so disappointed, i'm not clueless, i've read past exam stories before and this girl wrote about a holiday fling with a boy who RAPED her and she still got a B.
    Examiners aren't allowed to do this are they? like judging it this way, as in they can only comment on how engaging it was and how well the story was written...and honestly im not the only one who write about murders in stories, in my class about 1/4 of them did stories on deaths for course work
    Have you looked at the mark scheme? Maybe they saw your storyline as inappropriate and hence marked it down. A few years back when i did GCSE my story was about an adventure through a mountain, how times have changed
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Hayley Williams)
    Have you looked at the mark scheme? Maybe they saw your storyline as inappropriate and hence marked it down. A few years back when i did GCSE my story was about an adventure through a mountain, how times have changed
    i havent but throughout the year in english lessons there were no hints to suggest that death stories is inappropriate which made me so confident in going in to write the story...

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.