Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi I just started my as levels and have 7 frees a week. i just want to know what should i do during these periods apart from hw which usually only takes my 20 mins. should i be reading around the chapter, reading ahead? what should i be doing to get the best possible grades and not fall behind .

thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    I would revise my notes from my classes. Re-write them even in simpler format. Bullet points; so they are easier to remember. For maths I'de just do practice questions online. I'de do this in the library. If I had literally nothing to do I'de read philosophy/sociology journals online.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HawluchaGracias)
    I would revise my notes from my classes. Re-write them even in simpler format. Bullet points; so they are easier to remember. For maths I'de just do practice questions online. I'de do this in the library. If I had literally nothing to do I'de read philosophy/sociology journals online.
    What did you get at AS and A2 if you've done them both?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoadtoSuccess)
    What did you get at AS and A2 if you've done them both?
    A*AA at A2. ****e grades in AS as I didn't do this until A2 and I re-sat a lot of my AS exams

ReputationRep:
    A*AA at A2. ****e grades in AS as I didn't do this until A2 and I re-sat a lot of my AS exams
    congrats still

ReputationRep:
    What subjects and can I see some of your articles?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Plan on following that :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Stand around behind the school and smoke.

ReputationRep:
    Revision!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperion)
    What subjects and can I see some of your articles?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Plan on following that :woo:
    My articles? What do you mean? I am at university now, studying economics/philosophy 50/50 and not doing particularly well due to mental illness I guess.

I studied economics/philosophy/sociology at A2, got an A* in philosophy because philosophy is my life.. Maths at AS. Ended up with a C at AS maths but that's because I was being a lazy bum and didn't revise it enough - A-level maths is boring though, university maths is where it is entertaining. Not just rote learning there but actual problem solving...

(Original post by RoadtoSuccess)
    congrats still
    Thanks, although it didn't really benefit me. I'de say I over-achieved really.

ReputationRep:
    Howabout making a short film project? :cool:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by hopefulmedic1998)
    Hi I just started my as levels and have 7 frees a week. i just want to know what should i do during these periods apart from hw which usually only takes my 20 mins. should i be reading around the chapter, reading ahead? what should i be doing to get the best possible grades and not fall behind .

thanks in advance
    - Review the work you've done each week and make sure you understand it.
    - Rewrite noes to make them neater/colorful/easier to revise from later or make notes if you need to.
    - Make a list of things things you need to work on and improve.
    - Ask your teacher/look up anything you're unsure about.
    - Practise questions?

This is what I said on another thread

Edit: Actually, are you the same person?

ReputationRep:
    My articles? What do you mean? I am at university now, studying economics/philosophy 50/50 and not doing particularly well due to mental illness I guess.

I studied economics/philosophy/sociology at A2, got an A* in philosophy because philosophy is my life.. Maths at AS. Ended up with a C at AS maths but that's because I was being a lazy bum and didn't revise it enough - A-level maths is boring though, university maths is where it is entertaining. Not just rote learning there but actual problem solving...

Thanks, although it didn't really benefit me. I'de say I over-achieved really.
    Oh I'm so sorry, I read 'write psychology/sociology articles' instead of 'read...' I'm so sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperion)
    Oh I'm so sorry, I read 'write psychology/sociology articles' instead of 'read...' I'm so sorry.
    Philosophy, not psychology. I don't like psychology. It is too micro for me. Psychology = microsociology.

But, I have wrote various essays in my own time on philosophy. Not really delved that deep into sociology though, but anyway...

ReputationRep:
    Philosophy, not psychology. I don't like psychology. It is too micro for me. Psychology = microsociology.

But, I have wrote various essays in my own time on philosophy. Not really delved that deep into sociology though, but anyway...
    Okay... my mind is really far :laugh: Sorry again.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    If you have them can I have a look?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Rose)
    - Review the work you've done each week and make sure you understand it.
    - Rewrite noes to make them neater/colorful/easier to revise from later or make notes if you need to.
    - Make a list of things things you need to work on and improve.
    - Ask your teacher/look up anything you're unsure about.
    - Practise questions?

This is what I said on another thread

Edit: Actually, are you the same person?
    thanks so much. And what other thread, this is my first post about study help. thanks anyway.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    thanks so much. And what other thread, this is my first post about study help. thanks anyway.
    Really?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Rose)
    Really?
    yeah this thread along with that were posted at the same time in two different sections because i did not know where i would get the most responses from

ReputationRep:
    Do what I did and play pool in the common room in every single one.

ReputationRep:
    yeah this thread along with that were posted at the same time in two different sections because i did not know where i would get the most responses from
    Just straight up lying to someone who was trying to help you...

ReputationRep:

thanks in advance
    Don't read around any subjects that you don't plan to study in uni. It's a waste of time. Don't read ahead either. To get the best possible grades, simply make sure you always understand fully everything you've covered and you've practised everything enough (where applicable). Be critical and evaluative of your performance etc. That's the most important part.

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.