Turn on thread page Beta

Feeling down- crossroads in life watch

I am feeling down, depressed and sad.

Basically, I'm seeing all my work colleagues go off to university- their much younger 18/19.

Meanwhile, I've finished university (find out results end of month!)- and at a different stage in my life, my stage is much less interesting and more depressing.

I had a rough time at university, and my interest declined, with stress, along with my mental health. Long story short; I had a few major extensions, managed to finish work in time, but feel I've not done so well.

Anyhow, currently, I'm left applying for jobs in my field, with little pro experience, up against hundreds if not thousands of solidly qualified candidates- with bags more sufficient experience.

Meanwhile, my mates from work are all glad they off to uni- reminds me of myself 4 years ago. Now, I'm at the other end. Stuck in this job, with little experience, trying to get a job before I can move with partner to Manchester (in a rented house).

I dunno what to do; can't get the job without exp, but need exp to get job. Typical catch 22. My parents ain't wealthy, single parented family, works min wage. Not a lot of money, and what money I do have I'm sending to fiancee to help her pay bills. We don't live together. I live at home, she lives away.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

your situation sounds a bit like mine.

I'll try to offer advice,
    1) VOLUNTEER SOMEWHERE, what is your field, surely you can volunteer someone and improve your CV
    2) Make an effort with mates you haven't seen in a while.
    3) look after your parents. This seems a strange one but my anxiety problems made me realise how important family is, do little things to help and you'll be happier.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.