Turn on thread page Beta

How long does it take for student finance to send the money to my bank? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    As it says in the title,i was just wondering how long it took for student finance to put the money into your account, if it was instant or if it took a couple of days.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I've been wondering that as well, I can't find anything online. I need to buy a laptop etc

ReputationRep:
    For most people it goes in on the day allotted on your SF payment schedule, but they say to allow 2- 3 days for it to clear. if it's not in your account by then, then ring up as something may have gone wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Universities try and ensure you get your money as close to your start date as possible. Providing your Student Finance application has been fully approved in time and you have completed your enrolment, then your University can confirm your registration. If this is done no later than 3-5 days before your start date, then your payment should go in on time. If however you enrolled late, or you application was delayed for any reason, then your payments will likewise be delayed.
    Universities check for new applications ready for registration confirmation on a daily basis. it is usually 3-5 days following a registration confirmation that money shows up into student bank accounts. So if it is after your date you expected payment, and you have only just enrolled, you can expect payment 3-5 days following the day you completed enrolment.

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Mine used to go in on the day it said. Used to wait up until around 1am, check my account and it was in - glorious times.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.