The Student Room Group

Should I drop Chemistry AS level because of the teacher?

I have 2 chemistry teachers, in total i have 5 lessons per teacher per fortnight. However, I absolutely hate one of the teachers. He keeps picking on me bc I'm new to the school. He treats me like a complete retard bc I didn't get taught the same things as the other students did for GCSE, so I didn't know the answers to any of the questions he asked me. He makes out like I shouldn't be doing Chemistry bc I'm not clever enough and he always specifically mentions to me in front of the whole class, that if I need help then just ask- basically making out like I'm the thickest one in the room. I picked Chemistry because I love the subject and I'm good at it( I was a few marks off of an A* at GCSE) I really really don't want to drop Chemistry but I dont know if I can put up with this teacher for the rest of the year (or 2 if I choose to continue to A2) I hardly have any friends as I've barely just started the school and I don't know anyone and he's really not making me feel welcome or making it easy for me to make friends. I hate talking in front of the class as it makes me feel really uncomfortable- anxious even.

So I don't know what to do. Can I self teach the whole chemistry course if I just skive his lessons?:frown:
Reply 1
Don't moan to us, moan to people in your school that can do something.

Go see your head and say, "I didn't expect this, when I agreed to join your school."

Or if you want to be a ****, record a lesson on your phone and use it as evidence/impartially judge what is going on afterwards and get a grip.
Original post by Pigster
Don't moan to us, moan to people in your school that can do something.

Go see your head and say, "I didn't expect this, when I agreed to join your school."

Or if you want to be a ****, record a lesson on your phone and use it as evidence/impartially judge what is going on afterwards and get a grip.

^yeah do this if its really bad.

Also, depending on how bad this actually is. Work hard at home/free periods and then smash mock exams.

then be like u mad bro?

Dont ****ing skive your lessons because of a teacher.

Also why not just talk to the other chemistry teacher about it? or your form tutor if you have one?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest