Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It was my first day back to school today, and I found out that my best friend ever has left the school. She only joined last year and I don't think it has yet sunk in that I may well never see her again...

Has anyone else experienced anything like this before?

Thanks,
    Banana

ReputationRep:
    Yes. The saddest part is, people say that they will keep in touch and they never do

ReputationRep:
    The friends you make in school are rarely around for a long time anyway, in all honesty. Unfortunately it just happens You can do your best to stay in touch still, and meet up outside of school (as long as she hasn't moved away, that is). Through going to College/Uni you'll notice more that people go to other areas, and it makes room for new friendships to bloom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissML)
    The friends you make in school are rarely around for a long time anyway, in all honesty. Unfortunately it just happens You can do your best to stay in touch still, and meet up outside of school (as long as she hasn't moved away, that is). Through going to College/Uni you'll notice more that people go to other areas, and it makes room for new friendships to bloom.
    Unfortunately she has moved to America. I thought this would happen at the end of next year, but it's just a shame that she was my only 'best' friend; I have plenty of other chums but most of them have other 'best' friends.

Anyway, thank you for your posts and I'm sure I will get over it soon enough; I was just really looking forward to seeing her again and it was such a surprise to find she had gone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banana00)
    Unfortunately she has moved to America. I thought this would happen at the end of next year, but it's just a shame that she was my only 'best' friend; I have plenty of other chums but most of them have other 'best' friends.

Anyway, thank you for your posts and I'm sure I will get over it soon enough; I was just really looking forward to seeing her again and it was such a surprise to find she had gone.
    Could she really have been your best friend if she didn't tell you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Florality)
    Could she really have been your best friend if she didn't tell you?
    Maybe she didn't even know herself until recently? I don't really know.

But yes, she was the best friend I ever had.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt she was a great friend if you found out at school
    no matter how late she found out she couldve texted a quick ill miss you before getting on the plane or something...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BekahMay)
    I doubt she was a great friend if you found out at school
    no matter how late she found out she couldve texted a quick ill miss you before getting on the plane or something...
    Okay, let's get one thing straight...
    She was the best friend in the whole world to me; the best friend I have ever had. How on earth do I know what has happened to her? For all I know, she'll walk in tomorrow and it will all have been a mix-up, although it is very unlikely.
    I do not use my phone unless I absolutely have to; I do not text and I only communicate be email - it's just a lot more convenient for me.
    Neither you nor I know what has really happened to her; she should have contacted me if she had known, but I have no way of knowing if that was really possible.

Just please understand that she was my best ever friend, and the fact that she did not manage to tell me she was going does not change any of that.

ReputationRep:
    Oh well, moving on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stemmery)
    Oh well, moving on
    Sensitive much?!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    My best friend moved 250 miles away and it ****ing sucks because I was so much closer with her than anyone else. Moving away isn't always a death sentence for a friendship though, if you're close you can still make it work. You do adjust eventually, its just a different friendship to what it was and requires ten times as much effort. So you have to ask yourself, is that person worth it?

(Original post by Fleming1928)
    Yes. The saddest part is, people say that they will keep in touch and they never do
    Still speak to mine everyday. Some people do care.

ReputationRep:
    My best friend told me she was moving to America a few days before school ended. I never believed it but after summer she was gone.
    She tried to skype/text regularly but i barely use social media and my phone(with anyone) so we barely talked. She took it personally and we stopped speaking.
    She came back recently and nothings the same at all.
    If u two are close enough it will feel almost exactly the same when he/she comes back.
    Don't force contact too, keep in touch but everyday convos are unlikely to work in the long term.

Stay in touch!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sensitive much?!
    Life goes on. It's really not the end of the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stemmery)
    Life goes on. It's really not the end of the world.
    You clearly have not experienced anything like this then.

ReputationRep:
    I've lost a lot of friends in the past and I feel your pain, you'll just have to move on and accept that life goes on. You gotta stop feeling sorry for yourself because in reality the fact you didn't even know that she went suggests that she didn't feel the same as you do for her

ReputationRep:
    You clearly have not experienced anything like this then.
    Yeah I have, but I'm still alive and kicking aren't I?

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.