The Student Room Group

He called other girls hot

I have had a crush on this guy for the whole year. We're not very close friends but he's very nice. He came over to mine to help me with stuff today.
There were only us in the house. For a few hours at mine, he called other girls hot twice ( girls in the clubs and girls that he doesn't know )
I'm not sure why I feel so uncomfortable. Surely, I would never call other guys hot in front of only one guy who I am not that close to. Am I right to say he isn't interested like I am? :frown:(

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You can only know he's if he's interested in you or not by asking him.

He's human, he's going to notice other girls are 'hot' though that doesn't necessarily mean much.
Original post by MissML
You can only know he's if he's interested in you or not by asking him.

He's human, he's going to notice other girls are 'hot' though that doesn't necessarily mean much.

surely if he was interested in me, he wouldn't talk about other girls being hot? I would never do that to a guy. It just really makes me think he doesnt like me in that way.
I'm sorry, I don't see the problem.
Start showing signals and see how he responds, I've felt nothing for girls until I found out they fancied me.
If it's relevant to the conversation, why not? As long as it's not expressing intent with another girl whose name he actually knows
Reply 6
Original post by peaceforpeople
surely if he was interested in me, he wouldn't talk about other girls being hot? I would never do that to a guy. It just really makes me think he doesnt like me in that way.

Chances are that you think differently about it. At least he's open to you about that. Who knows, he 'may' have even said it to see if you reacted but the only way for you to know is by asking him.
I hate it when a guy i like calls another girl hot/pretty in front of me. It's so annoying :erm:
Reply 8
Common friendzone advice is to do that infront of the girl you like to make her want to get your attention like "Why isnt he finding me hot" so you try.

So, (unless you're ugly) it's a good sign he may like you but thinks he is friendzoned by you.
Yah it can be a put off.
Original post by iAmanze
Common friendzone advice is to do that infront of the girl you like to make her want to get your attention like "Why isnt he finding me hot" so you try.

So, (unless you're ugly) it's a good sign he may like you but thinks he is friendzoned by you.

i think I might have treated him like a good friend ( I call him man, and stuff ). I think he talks to me like I'm one of his mates. :frown: Im being friendzoned I think
He's prob testing your reaction by going on about hot girls.
why do guys do this???
What exactly has he done wrong? It sounds like you are jealous/insecure.

I have had a crush on this guy for the whole year.

If you didn't have a crush on him would you have even been bothered by this?

As for him being interested, ask him. Or tell him you like him.
dont worry, hes probably gay and trying to compensate
Just because someone fancies one person doesn't mean they can't fancy other people. I fancy 3 people right now.
Original post by william walker
Just because someone fancies one person doesn't mean they can't fancy other people. I fancy 3 people right now.

:facepalm:
Original post by Anonymous
:facepalm:

What? :colondollar:
Original post by william walker
What? :colondollar:

Ridiculous :facepalm:
Original post by Anonymous
Ridiculous :facepalm:

How is it ridiculous?

Quick Reply

Latest