Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i have started biology today and i found it really hard (a big step up from GCSEs where i got an high A) First should i drop it and does everyone find it so hard

i am on the new specification (exams from 2016 and 2017) are there any specified books i should buy

ReputationRep:
    Don't drop it if you find it interesting
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3532397

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brayanthomas)
    i have started biology today and i found it really hard (a big step up from GCSEs where i got an high A) First should i drop it and does everyone find it so hard

i am on the new specification (exams from 2016 and 2017) are there any specified books i should buy
    Exactly the same feeling as me after my triple biology afternoon. I always knew it would be hard though so I'm just going to stay with it, keep up to date with homework and try really really hard. If you do that I'm sure you'll do great.

G-R-O-W-T-H M-I-N-D-S-E-T

ReputationRep:
    The step up can be pretty daunting at first and most people struggle a bit. At my school you can drop subjects for up to a month, so if possible keep going for a few weeks and then make a decision.

ReputationRep:
    thanks i will try that as mine is the same, i can change it till october

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know any useful books to get for AS level biology (perferably ones approved by AQA, seen as my year is doing a new specification it has been hard to find)

ReputationRep:
    My college is not letting me drop biology - QE. Is that normal. Even though I see no way I'm going to be able to pass it. How would I be able to convince them, that doing this was a bad decision?

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.