Turn on thread page Beta

Is this enough money for university? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am going fully catered in university, my parents are paying for my halls. Meaning I am spending my matinance loan of around 3750 is this enough for everything else?

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    Definitely, you won't even need anywhere near that much if housing and food is already covered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waitingforucas)
    I am going fully catered in university, my parents are paying for my halls. Meaning I am spending my matinance loan of around 3750 is this enough for everything else?
    That's £70 a week to get whatever you want (or £125 a week if you only include time you're at university). You could get yourself a new phone every 2-3 weeks or a windows laptop every month or an apple mac every couple of years. Even if you include buying uni supplies (last year I spent a total of about £3.00 on paper, and nothing on books and that was it for the year in terms of uni supplies), you're still looking at a lot of money to spend on luxuries.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.