Turn on thread page Beta

Tariff points help watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I was hoping someone can help me calculate how many tariff points I had as I don't know where to find the information to calculate it.
    I had A*AA in A2 economics, biology and chemistry respectively and a b in As maths and Arabic. I was hoping to apply for Barts but I don't know if it's worth it or not.

ReputationRep:
    my As's are AABBB in economics, chemistry and biology and maths and Arabic respectively
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Ahmed766)
    my As's are AABBB in economics, chemistry and biology and maths and Arabic respectively
    Try googling UCAS tariff points. You'll easily find a guide to calculating your points.

ReputationRep:
    thanks just found the calculator and I only have 480 points...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    thanks just found the calculator and I only have 480 points...
    It would depend on your UKCAT

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think my score is pretty low... Oh well my fault for not working

ReputationRep:
    can anyone help me? Is it worth applying to Barts despite my 480 tariff points? I'm really upset because if I carried on with Arabic at A2 it would've been better

ReputationRep:
    can anyone help me? Is it worth applying to Barts despite my 480 tariff points? I'm really upset because if I carried on with Arabic at A2 it would've been better
    I have a tarrif of 460/500, and i really want to apply to barts! Is that any good?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rp165)
    I have a tarrif of 460/500, and i really want to apply to barts! Is that any good?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Apparently anything above 410 is acceptable for barts, my take on it is that anything below 550 or so is on the low scale and I think it would be fine for you to apply but it's pretty risky unless your UKCAT is strong. What's your UKCAT like?

ReputationRep:
    Apparently anything above 410 is acceptable for barts, my take on it is that anything below 550 or so is on the low scale and I think it would be fine for you to apply but it's pretty risky unless your UKCAT is strong. What's your UKCAT like?
    I got 685 average Alhumdullilah!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rp165)
    I got 685 average Alhumdullilah!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mashallah that's really high I think

ReputationRep:
    Mashallah that's really high I think
    Yes i dont know of its high either!!
    With some unis though, they combine your grades with the ukcat. And then they take into account everything else obviously like personal statement. So, your chances of securing an interview are not based on ukcat or grades alone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rp165)
    Yes i dont know of its high either!!
    With some unis though, they combine your grades with the ukcat. And then they take into account everything else obviously like personal statement. So, your chances of securing an interview are not based on ukcat or grades alone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wanted to apply for Barts but my UKCAT is low (625) and my UCAS tariff is also low for them (480) so I don't think it's worth it...

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to apply for Barts but my UKCAT is low (625) and my UCAS tariff is also low for them (480) so I don't think it's worth it...
    I dont really think the ucas tarriff is that much of a problem!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rp165)
    I dont really think the ucas tarriff is that much of a problem!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    really? I would love to apply to barts instead of st. George's but that is where my problem is. I just don't think I have enough to be considered there....

ReputationRep:
    really? I would love to apply to barts instead of st. George's but that is where my problem is. I just don't think I have enough to be considered there....
    Yes but what really is considered a high ukcat? My grades are a bit lower and so i really have to pick the unis i apply to carefully just so i meet the min requirments! It really is hard to apply to medicine!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rp165)
    Yes but what really is considered a high ukcat? My grades are a bit lower and so i really have to pick the unis i apply to carefully just so i meet the min requirments! It really is hard to apply to medicine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what are your grades/UKCAT like?

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.