The Student Room Group

Please be honest: would you date a girl who has had one night stands?

I've had 5 to be precise over the course of 5 years, although my last was over 2 years ago (I'm 26 now). Two were with strangers and three with guys that I knew and I only had 'full' intercourse with one. I was single during all of them and no longer speak with the guys that I knew. Also for the record I am disease free.

If I'm honest I had these because I had low self esteem and wanted to feel close to someone and didn't feel worthy of anyone long term. My way of thinking was I'm not good enough for a relationship only to be used... That someone could only feel sexual desire for me but never anything meaningful so I thought I should take what I can get. I deeply regret it all and hate my past self for it so much. I've learnt from the experience and I take responsibility for what happened to me. I have been abstinent since I feel sick when I think about the things I did. I'm in therapy for general anxiety and we sometimes work through this too.

I just feel like a used up wh**e. Please don't talk about how casual sex can be fun etc. because I can't speak for anyone else but for me it was very unhealthy to let people into my body who didn't give a damn about me.

So guys what do you think? Would you run a mile? Or would you consider dating a girl like this? Give me you thoughts and don't hold back!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oh and another thing... I would absolutely never consider lying about my 'number' as I believe this would break the trust in a relationship.
I personally wouldn't prefer to date a girl who's had one night stands. It means she not at the same wavelength as me, I think of intimate contact as an act between people who love/like each other for the complete human beings that they are. But hey, everyones different.
Reply 3
Yes I would :dontknow:
Reply 4
Couldn't care less.
Couldn't give a ****, if I'm dating a twenty six year old I expect her to have had a bit of history. I'd be much more worried about your apparantly unhealthy attitude towards the experience. I have a liberal attitude towards sex (I'm still into monogamy), and I'm not sure we'd be compatable.

Would you mind that I've had one night stands, didn't regret them, and would have them again if I was single?
No
hey there, i hope your doing well. am not a guy but all i can say is that a real guy would love you for you. who care about your past as long as it doesn't happen again its fine. everybody makes mistakes but these mistakes makes us who we are today. don't worry about it and just take your time and don't rush into relationships, trust me i had to learn this the hard way. Being single is not that bad in fact you should use this time wisely lool. one day there would be that guy that would be right for you and love you. am sorry to hear about your past but just know that you are worth so much more. GOOD LUCK :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
I personally wouldn't prefer to date a girl who's had one night stands. It means she not at the same wavelength as me, I think of intimate contact as an act between people who love/like each other for the complete human beings that they are. But hey, everyones different.

Me too I feel sex should be in a safe, loving partnership but unfortunately my self esteem was in the gutter so I thought I would never find that and that I didn't deserve to be loved/liked and I felt awfully lonely. I'm still pretty lonely and no one has ever liked me.
No you must be virgin.
Original post by quentinhamilton
No

Fair enough. Please can you explain why. I did say to be honest...
If she was past it then yeah I would
Original post by william walker
No you must be virgin.

How old are you?
How old are you?

hey there, i hope your doing well. am not a guy but all i can say is that a real guy would love you for you. who care about your past as long as it doesn't happen again its fine. everybody makes mistakes but these mistakes makes us who we are today. don't worry about it and just take your time and don't rush into relationships, trust me i had to learn this the hard way. Being single is not that bad in fact you should use this time wisely lool. one day there would be that guy that would be right for you and love you. am sorry to hear about your past but just know that you are worth so much more. GOOD LUCK :biggrin:

I feel so rotten and dirty. I think I have to deal with my own issues before I can invite a guy in. But thanks it might take a rare kind of guy to accept me I hope I find him.

Yeah being single isn't so bad but I've been single my entire life and I feel abnormal. I felt sad that I was 20 and never had a boyfriend whereas all my peers had had boyfriends since 15.
No you must be virgin.

LOL if the OP was a guy then you'd probably be like ''well done, keep it up''
Original post by Profesh
Couldn't care less.

Cool. Let's have one now.
Original post by quentinhamilton
No

So you only date virgins? I hope you remain one till you meet your soulmate, otherwise that is hypocrisy.

Are you influenced by religion or is that just your own personal values? I was brought up Christian myself and feel bad for abandoning my values. I know God forgives but people usually don't.
Original post by sarskinz
LOL if the OP was a guy then you'd probably be like ''well done, keep it up''

No I wouldn't. I am a High Church Anglican. Morality is the same for both men and women.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending