The Student Room Group

Is there a danger that bored,rebellious teens might see islam as 'cool'?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SourLikeLemon
I understand duck.

*Daisy Duck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No a normal person dont join such group just because of bordeom lol
Original post by MJlover
i was born and raised in Europe and have lived in London for most of my life. stop being racist. show me rebellion in other ways, the first thing you can think of. note i said 'typified'.

wat
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Don't start with that worn out cliché, MJ, that "all people in the West do drugs, drink and have sex all day" because all of us here know that's not true. We don't need Islam to have a meaningful, productive life.

MJ can only think in those terms though you see.
Original post by holmes221
MJ can only think in those terms though you see.

do you know me?
Original post by AverageExcellence
IsIam demands so much obedience, commitment and loyalty that it is the exact opposite of rebellious, any rebellious teen that does convert will either be a muslim in name only or revert back when they realise.

you dont think that joining a gang requires loyalty obedience and an almost psychotic commitment to inflict violence? perhaps take alook at american street gangs ( or even those in some estates in UK) and see if those youths are not violently commited to their gangs
Original post by Reformed
you dont think that joining a gang requires loyalty obedience and an almost psychotic commitment to inflict violence? perhaps take alook at american street gangs ( or even those in some estates in UK) and see if those youths are not violently commited to their gangs

Not in the same regard, you're pretty much free to do what you want as long as you follow their values and principles, islam you have to pray 5 times a day and for a western it would forbid you doing what many people do atm, ie eat swine and drink beer etc. It is a different story all together. Gangs you might have to have something similar also but you are rewarded with protection, power and wealth too.. islam offers only the promise of paradise in the hereafter.. not a fast turnover that a rebellious teen is looking for tbh.
Original post by AverageExcellence
Not in the same regard, you're pretty much free to do what you want as long as you follow their values and principles, islam you have to pray 5 times a day and for a western it would forbid you doing what many people do atm, ie eat swine and drink beer etc. It is a different story all together. Gangs you might have to have something similar also but you are rewarded with protection, power and wealth too.. islam offers only the promise of paradise in the hereafter.. not a fast turnover that a rebellious teen is looking for tbh.

not all non-violent muslims do all the above strictly either - again this doesnt preclude them from being muslims- if it did the quoted number of over a billion muslims worldwide would be halved over night
islam ( or islamic gorups specifically) offers something very immediate - a gang to belong to, 'status' in terms of being a chosen person elevated above that of an 'unbeleiver' and respect from their fellow muslim fighters ( and some muslim women) and most obviously the lure of violence, sex slaves and actual combat - where else would a 15 year old adolescent loser with nothing to look forward to in the uk find this? where indeed could he be given an ak47 and and the opportunity to shoot at people almost without consequence or fear he would get found out or arrested ? and all under the permission of their adopted ideology. the lure of IS in syria to muslims for examples is obvious
(edited 8 years ago)
QUOTE=SourLikeLemon;59250629]Where is the evidence you haraam bacon.

ISIS is not Islam. It is a little group they've 'invented'.

:laugh: Lol at those who say such things, they'll come a time where you'd take back what you've said.

Lol at "they'll come a time where you'd take back what you've said".

Do you actually believe this mickey mouse?

They say our limbs will speak for us, and a trumpet will ring in our ears when the time has come.

Honestly this is why Islam baffles me. It sounds fabricated to me.
Reply 169
Looks like it , after all

Danish Teenager Murdered Her Mother With A Kitchen Knife After Watching ISIS Videos
http://breaking911.com/danish-teenager-murdered-her-mother-with-a-kitchen-knife-after-watching-isis-videos/

Obviously, not every teen is as stupid as she is but still.....
Original post by Vakitisvitis
You muslims are contemporary nazis.
It's a moral obligation of every person to fight you to the death.

Your hypocrisy is astounding
Do you not see that this is the exact philosophy that ISIS holds?
It's a rhetorical question.
Original post by sxphieds
Your hypocrisy is astounding
Do you not see that this is the exact philosophy that ISIS holds?
It's a rhetorical question.

Why did you bump a thread from September...?
Original post by Drewski
As soon as they see the no alcohol and no bacon rules they'll think twice.

beautiful, i love it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending