Turn on thread page Beta

What do you think about couples who go to the same university or in same city of uni? watch

I am thinking about going to a uni in the same city that my boyfriend is thinking of going to uni in. Is this a good idea?? Been goin out for nearly 3 yrs

Don'tchoose/prefer that city or university just because your boyfriend is going there. Forget your boyfriend when it comes to choosing a uni; your career should be prioritised.

ReputationRep:
    No. Go to the university you want, irrespective of where your boyfriend goes.

If your relationship is strong, being apart shouldn't matter.
    If it is so weak that being apart will break it, then prioritising your own future ahead of it is certainly the best idea.

You're young, you don't really know what you want from life, yet. University is a time where you change quite a lot. Don't shackle yourself somewhere you may not want to be, just because your boyfriend of now is there. That could change very quickly.

ReputationRep:
    If the uni and the city is the place that you really want to be then I would go for it. If your boyfriend goes there as well, great. If he ends up somewhere else, that's fine too. If you're meant to be you'll work through the relationship if it ends up being long distance. Similarly, if it's not meant to be and you split while at the same uni, that's fine too. Universities are big places, you'll be surprised at how little you see him around. But only apply to the uni if that's where YOU really want to go and can see yourself being successful. That's the most important thing. Don't choose a uni for someone else, you have to choose it for you.

When you two are clubbing you have to constantly remind yourself to be wary of your actions.

ReputationRep:
    Bad idea. You pick a place for education because it is the right place for you r studies, not because you're following your partner.

ReputationRep:
    Stupid idea, trust me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2015
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.