Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This may be in the wrong thread but its kinda maths related..

If I'm going to retake my a-levels (3rd year of sixth from) and I ONLY retake A2 Maths, and do A2 Further Maths and AS Physics both for the first time, will I be funded?

ReputationRep:
    Yes you will. Provided you are 18 or 19

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edothero)
    This may be in the wrong thread but its kinda maths related..

If I'm going to retake my a-levels (3rd year of sixth from) and I ONLY retake A2 Maths, and do A2 Further Maths and AS Physics both for the first time, will I be funded?
    Depends on the sixth form. Probably you will be able to get funding if you're younger than 20. Might be wrong though because of the new changes to the A levels, which are already in place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gagafacea1)
    Depends on the sixth form. Probably you will be able to get funding if you're younger than 20. Might be wrong though because of the new changes to the A levels, which are already in place.
    (Original post by Xlxl23)
    Yes you will. Provided you are 18 or 19
    I'm 18 at the moment and will be turning 19 this academic year (passed AS and A2 first time, effectively in 'year 14'). So I was just wondering if sixth forms would able to get funding for me..

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 at the moment and will be turning 19 this academic year (passed AS and A2 first time, effectively in 'year 14'. So I was just wondering if sixth forms would able to get funding for me..
    They should definitely be able to get funding for you. And btw you count as 18, since you are 18 by the time you begin your course.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 at the moment and will be turning 19 this academic year (passed AS and A2 first time, effectively in 'year 14'. So I was just wondering if sixth forms would able to get funding for me..

That's fine. Yes, you'll be given funding then. All the best 👍

ReputationRep:
    That's fine. Yes, you'll be given funding then. All the best 👍
    (Original post by gagafacea1)
    They should definitely be able to get funding for you. And btw you count as 18, since you are 18 by the time you begin your course.
    Thank you guys for your help, though I have one more question if you don't mind.

I have 3 A-Levels and an AS;
    Like I stated above, I will be retaking 1 subject in an attempt to boost my grade and taking 2 subjects for the first time (I only have an AS in FM).
    Me retaking A2 Maths has no effect on the funding, right?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you guys for your help, though I have one more question if you don't mind.

I have 3 A-Levels and an AS;
    Like I stated above, I will be retaking 1 subject in an attempt to boost my grade and taking 2 subjects for the first time (I only have an AS in FM).
    Me retaking A2 Maths has no effect on the funding, right?
    It has no effect on your funding. You are allowed to study any subject you want to. Many people re-take their A2's. It's fine

ReputationRep:
    It has no effect on your funding. You are allowed to study any subject you want to. Many people re-take their A2's. It's fine
    Thank you for your help

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 8, 2015
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.