failedmygcse
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
School just called me earlier and said that they are offering a chance to remark my maths gvse as i got a D grade. (1 mark off a C). I currently got a place at Kingston college with the 3 gcse s that i managed to get. I decided to retake maths gcse and i wanted to know if it worth it to get the 4th gcse.However they do not allow me to retake a gcse that I have passed considering I get a c grade maths.

Sobi was wondering is it worth remarking my exam and risking the chance of not re taking maths gcse to get a higher chance off gettting a higher grade in maths
loperdoper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do you think you'll get above a C grade in a retake?
failedmygcse
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by loperdoper)
Do you think you'll get above a C grade in a retake?
yes 100% how generous are they when it comes ti remark if you're missing a mark
loperdoper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by failedmygcse)
yes 100% how generous are they when it comes ti remark if you're missing a mark
It's maths, so there's not massive amounts left up to interpretation. Mark changes do happen occasionally, however.

If you're entirely confident that you'll get at least (or higher than) a C in a retake, and you really want to go for it, then don't do a remark. If you'd rather just move on from maths and continue with other things, get the remark and then see if you have to retake anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads