?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Whats your opinion on J. Cole?
itswillJB
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
forest hills drive was a really good album I reckon, and his back catalog is very good though a bit hit and miss at times
amoham
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lyrical genius

Power trip,work out and she knows probs my favourite from him

Posted from TSR Mobile
TheonlyMrsHolmes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I used to be in love with him when I was 14, he is very good at 'painting a picture' with his word. I don't listen to him anymore though.
Rated_r
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
one of my favourite artists by far, went to his concert this year and would and watch him again in a heartbeat
elliemayxo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Really like his music.

Posted from TSR Mobile
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Report 5 years ago
He's the only rapper I listen to nowadays, I cant stand many of them except J.Cole (everything about his songs are great)
narusku
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He is my guy! I was listening to wet dreams and it pretty much encapsulates teenage romance (or at least nervousness towards sex) - so honest!

Posted from TSR Mobile
sleepisheaven
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He's a great artist although forest hills drive I feel is probably his worst release since Friday night lights even though it had a couple of great songs

Posted from TSR Mobile
itswillJB
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Only seem him live once, but he's actually a great live performer definitely worth going to see
Justmoll28
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
(Original post by sleepisheaven)
He's a great artist although forest hills drive I feel is probably his worst release since Friday night lights even though it had a couple of great songs

Posted from TSR Mobile
why do you think its his worst release?
MagicNMedicine
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He never really fulfilled his talent although for a while at Chelsea he was a fine player.

I though the move to Liverpool would be good but he seems to have drifted. Shame considering his ability.
Some Bad Karma
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MagicNMedicine)
He never really fulfilled his talent although for a while at Chelsea he was a fine player.

I though the move to Liverpool would be good but he seems to have drifted. Shame considering his ability.
Oh...
Justmoll28
Rep:
?
(Original post by MagicNMedicine)

who are you on about? hahaha
eggpotato
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
I used to be in love with him when I was 14, he is very good at 'painting a picture' with his word. I don't listen to him anymore though.
Why not?
sleepisheaven
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Justmoll28)
why do you think its his worst release?
It was a decent album but it didn't have that many great songs other than maybe 3 or 4 whereas FNL Cole world and born sinner had many more imo.

Plus I feel like it's not an album that il come back to in a few years to replay whereas the others probably moreso.

That being said wet dreamz, no role models and love yourz are pretty slick, probably my faves. Do you think it's his best since FNL?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Justmoll28
Rep:
?
(Original post by sleepisheaven)
It was a decent album but it didn't have that many great songs other than maybe 3 or 4 whereas FNL Cole world and born sinner had many more imo.

Plus I feel like it's not an album that il come back to in a few years to replay whereas the others probably moreso.

That being said wet dreamz, no role models and love yourz are pretty slick, probably my faves. Do you think it's his best since FNL?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it was a really strong album but more importantly i think that it was released at a really good time, i just feel really bad for him because he has no where near as much recognition as i think he should have. also, we have the same birthday so i like him more than most haha
saeed97
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
2014 Forest Hills Drive was straight fire and best album of last year by a mile. In my top 3 artists easily alongside K dot and Yeezy.
username2043477
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm probably the biggest J Cole fan here, badly wanna go to one of his concerts if he tours in London again

Top albums/mixtapes in my opinion

1.) 2014 Forest Hills Drive
2.) Born Sinner
3.) The Sideline Story
4.) Friday Night Lights
5.) The Come Up
6.) Truly Yours EP 2

He is literally one of my fav rappers, i hope he collabs with either Logic or Kendrick Lamar. 🙏
saeed97
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Justmoll28)
I think it was a really strong album but more importantly i think that it was released at a really good time, i just feel really bad for him because he has no where near as much recognition as i think he should have. also, we have the same birthday so i like him more than most haha
Lol what? He is the first rapper to get platinum on an album with no features in over 25 years.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (170)
44.04%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
11.14%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (32)
8.29%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.5%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.33%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.7%

Watched Threads