Cascadess
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey all,

I have been predicted AABB all year through AS, but got BCDD, I am continuing with the BDD and will retake the two Ds hoping to bring them up to Bs, and get the B up to an A.

However, does anyone have any recommendations for Computer Science courses in the UK for BBB or BBC?

Thanks,
Cas
Mister Triaa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Cascadess)
Hey all,

I have been predicted AABB all year through AS, but got BCDD, I am continuing with the BDD and will retake the two Ds hoping to bring them up to Bs, and get the B up to an A.

However, does anyone have any recommendations for Computer Science courses in the UK for BBB or BBC?

Thanks,
Cas
There are quite a few universities that accept BBB for CompSci. I believe Swansea accept BBB (though I may be mistaken)- and that's arguably the best uni for CompSci at that grade range. You also have universities that accept UCAS points such as Bangor university. I am sure that there are more choices than what I've just listed. I recommend checking out the league tables and look at each universities' entry standards so you can get an idea of what your options are.
username2130115
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
liverpool and cardiff had computer science in clearing last month for BBB. it's likely you'd get an offer with predicted grades of BBB or greater. leicester, queen's mary, aston, swansea, essex, and city will accept BBB.
jontyfernz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Cascadess)
Hey all,

Thanks,
Cas
Reading, Swansea, Essex and Coventry are some good ones for CS at your grades, but among these four it would be wise to go to reading or Swansea

Posted from TSR Mobile
XxKingSniprxX
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Raees_Sharif)
liverpool and cardiff had computer science in clearing last month for BBB. it's likely you'd get an offer with predicted grades of BBB or greater. leicester, queen's mary, aston, swansea, essex, and city will accept BBB.

Liverpool ask for AAB for Comp Sci (BSc) but will make lower offers if you study Maths, Further maths, Physics, Comp Sci etc. How many grades lower would you expect? Since you said they were in clearing for BBB could it be they offer ABB as a safety net in offers but in clearing go 2 grades lower or is that just a rare case?

Another scenario, Queens Mary offers ABB for Physics but was in clearing for a considerable amount of time this year what offers could you expect them to make & how many grade drops? If the grade drop is in a non-relevant subject would it affect them significantly assuming their Maths & Physics skill is up to par?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19