Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

I have been predicted AABB all year through AS, but got BCDD, I am continuing with the BDD and will retake the two Ds hoping to bring them up to Bs, and get the B up to an A.

However, does anyone have any recommendations for Computer Science courses in the UK for BBB or BBC?

Thanks,
    Cas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cascadess)
    Hey all,

I have been predicted AABB all year through AS, but got BCDD, I am continuing with the BDD and will retake the two Ds hoping to bring them up to Bs, and get the B up to an A.

However, does anyone have any recommendations for Computer Science courses in the UK for BBB or BBC?

Thanks,
    Cas
    There are quite a few universities that accept BBB for CompSci. I believe Swansea accept BBB (though I may be mistaken)- and that's arguably the best uni for CompSci at that grade range. You also have universities that accept UCAS points such as Bangor university. I am sure that there are more choices than what I've just listed. I recommend checking out the league tables and look at each universities' entry standards so you can get an idea of what your options are.

ReputationRep:
    liverpool and cardiff had computer science in clearing last month for BBB. it's likely you'd get an offer with predicted grades of BBB or greater. leicester, queen's mary, aston, swansea, essex, and city will accept BBB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cascadess)
    Hey all,

Thanks,
    Cas
    Reading, Swansea, Essex and Coventry are some good ones for CS at your grades, but among these four it would be wise to go to reading or Swansea

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raees_Sharif)
    liverpool and cardiff had computer science in clearing last month for BBB. it's likely you'd get an offer with predicted grades of BBB or greater. leicester, queen's mary, aston, swansea, essex, and city will accept BBB.

Liverpool ask for AAB for Comp Sci (BSc) but will make lower offers if you study Maths, Further maths, Physics, Comp Sci etc. How many grades lower would you expect? Since you said they were in clearing for BBB could it be they offer ABB as a safety net in offers but in clearing go 2 grades lower or is that just a rare case?

Another scenario, Queens Mary offers ABB for Physics but was in clearing for a considerable amount of time this year what offers could you expect them to make & how many grade drops? If the grade drop is in a non-relevant subject would it affect them significantly assuming their Maths & Physics skill is up to par?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 4, 2015

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.