Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Before I start this thread, if any mods are reading this feel free to move it to the right section if this is the incorrect section.

Hey guys!
    So at the minute I am in my final year of secondary school at a school in County Durham. As it stands at the minute, the college course I want to attend come September next year is available at one college near me, and a few others across the country. I don't want to go to one of the ones near me and I would prefer it if I could go to Aylesbury college instead. I am aware this is a good 3/400 miles away from me and it would involve moving there, but obviously I will have only turned 16 (my birthday is quite late in academic year) and I am not entirely sure if my parents will agree with it, or whether there will be any support available such as housing provided due to me going there from quite far away.

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexb100)
    Before I start this thread, if any mods are reading this feel free to move it to the right section if this is the incorrect section.

Hey guys!
    So at the minute I am in my final year of secondary school at a school in County Durham. As it stands at the minute, the college course I want to attend come September next year is available at one college near me, and a few others across the country. I don't want to go to one of the ones near me and I would prefer it if I could go to Aylesbury college instead. I am aware this is a good 3/400 miles away from me and it would involve moving there, but obviously I will have only turned 16 (my birthday is quite late in academic year) and I am not entirely sure if my parents will agree with it, or whether there will be any support available such as housing provided due to me going there from quite far away.

Thanks in advance!
    1. This is just a statement, not a request for help.
    2. Talk to your parents.
    3. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banana00)
    1. This is just a statement, not a request for help.
    2. Talk to your parents.
    3. Good luck
    I forgot to mention something in the original post. Kind of tired so that is probably why, but I have spoke to my parents and they don't seem too keen on the idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Hey guys!

Thanks in advance!
    Aylesbury college is a decent place but really not worth moving 300 miles to attend.

Unless you have family in the area I doubt it's a practical option. You won't get housing provided as a 16 y.o. who doesn't need to leave home or financial help beyond anything you'd qualify for living at home.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to mention something in the original post. Kind of tired so that is probably why, but I have spoke to my parents and they don't seem too keen on the idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Okay; I'm sorry to hear it didn't go too well, but I hope it all turns out alright for you in the end

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.