Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am due to start a degree in Law with Politics, and I have to choose between international politics and comparative politics as my optional module for the year.

Does anyone recommend either of the two? Could anyone with experience of both or one or the other give me some advice on it please?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KCheema)
    Hello,

I am due to start a degree in Law with Politics, and I have to choose between international politics and comparative politics as my optional module for the year.

Does anyone recommend either of the two? Could anyone with experience of both or one or the other give me some advice on it please?

Thanks!
    Are you interested in learning about how different political systems function? Are you interested in learning about different theories of constitutionalism, democracy, separation of powers, etc.? If so, then you want to do comparative politics.

Are you interested in learning about regulation of the law of nations? Collective problem solving on the international level? Cooperative game theory? Then you're interested in international politics.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.