Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Guys I have a question.

In terms of relavant book that I can read and write about in my PS as well as talk about in a potential interview is there anything you guys recommend?

I really want something that gives me an in depth insight into a medic's career.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    The book doesn't need to be specifically about a career in medicine, choose a specific area part of medicine, i.e. medical research.
    I talked about a book on neuroscience and the brain

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm okay what was the book you read called?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemBoss)
    Hmmmm okay what was the book you read called?
    The gruffalo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsAstronomy12)
    The gruffalo
    Not funny?

ReputationRep:
    Not funny?
    Sorry mate, just letting off steam on TSR. No offence given

ReputationRep:
    Guys I have a question.

In terms of relavant book that I can read and write about in my PS as well as talk about in a potential interview is there anything you guys recommend?

I really want something that gives me an in depth insight into a medic's career.

Thanks!
    Hi I think it's a bit early to start worrying about interviews. What you can do is keep upto date with BBC news headlines about the NHS etc... A substantial amount of my Cardiff interview was about healthcare in the community/(welsh)NHS and they asked some pretty tough questions on the spot.
    So be sure to keep uo with whats going in the news.

I had a Liverpool interview aswell and in that they ask you to talk about some ethical issue from your work experience or from something you've read.

I wouldn't really recommend writing about a book in your PS. Unless your applying to Oxbridge I don't think admissions tutors want you to talk about a book.

They just want to see that you have relevant insight into medicine, are caring and have a work life balance etc...

To help with your personal statement I would recommend getting the ICS book of amazon that has 100 examples of successful personal statements and there's analysis on some of them.
    Obviously don't copy any of them but it gives you an idea of what med schools really want.

Hope that was helpful
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by futuremedic19)
    Hi I think it's a bit early to start worrying about interviews. What you can do is keep upto date with BBC news headlines about the NHS etc... A substantial amount of my Cardiff interview was about healthcare in the community/(welsh)NHS and they asked some pretty tough questions on the spot.
    So be sure to keep uo with whats going in the news.

I had a Liverpool interview aswell and in that they ask you to talk about some ethical issue from your work experience or from something you've read.

I wouldn't really recommend writing about a book in your PS. Unless your applying to Oxbridge I don't think admissions tutors want you to talk about a book.

They just want to see that you have relevant insight into medicine, are caring and have a work life balance etc...

To help with your personal statement I would recommend getting the ICS book of amazon that has 100 examples of successful personal statements and there's analysis on some of them.
    Obviously don't copy any of them but it gives you an idea of what med schools really want.

Hope that was helpful

On that note, we provide a free weekly blog summarising healthcare news from the previous week! Here's the latest one:

https://www.themedicportal.com/medic...tember-7-2015/

The Medic Portal

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 10, 2015
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.