Obsessed with..... Watch

This discussion is closed.
Toyosi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I've recently come to realise that my life is based around 3 principle addictions. Neighbours, Muller lemon cheesecake desert corners (One a day for five months and counting!) and minesweeper ( why dear God... WHY???). Yes I am a tragic loser. Anyone else got some totally ridiculous addictions. The more humiliating the better.
Ollie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
my life is based around one person- my gf!
Toyosi
Rep:
?
Don't u think its bad to base your entire life around someone else? I can't imagine being totally reliant on one person for all my happiness. I can rely on yoghurt cause its always gonna be around but people have this habit of coming and going.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well its been over 2 years....
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
neighbours rocks, evil evil darcy...(but i lurvvve him so much at the same time).

i think freecell is more addictive than minesweeper- i just like it cos i can do it + my super-brainy boyfriend can't *evil laugh*...it is kinda sad tho- we were on the phone and racing each other on the same game at our own computers (i won!!!!)...i managed to win 21 games in a row, anyone beat this?
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oh dear...I keep reading posts that amuse and start laughing garishly to the curiosity of my brother...your yoghurt reliance once again had me going -'must learn to control my annoyingly load laugh!'

As for addictions...it would be fair to say, my computer and broadband connection is to me what wine and spirits are to an alchaholic and ciggarettes to a smoker...it's come to the point that I get desperate pining fits if our server goes down and I use the dial up instead- oh dear! Within in the net I get addictions to various sites...before this one which is currently holding my attention and presence most of the time, I was on isketch non stop...and soon I will be at home pretty much all the time so the addiction will only worsen.....
The other thing I am drawn to is anime...my brother starts me on episodes and I get really into them...then the series ends and I demand to start straight on a new one...

Food wise I could eat pizza every day and not become bored...infact that is basically what I do...my staple diet...it can't be that *cough cough* bad for you surely...I mean- bread, cheese- with calcium, tomato- vegitable, say ham topping- meat -all very necessary for a healthy diet :P
Toyosi
Rep:
?
Darcy is terribly evil isn't he. I've always hated him and it really annoyed me that everyone just forgave him for his immense evilness dispite the fact that he's still blatantly evil, and cheesy and not very good looking. Does anyone out there actually fancy him? I just can't believe that for a second.

Was actually thinking of starting a support group for my yoghurt addiction and I actually think other people would join it. How do I know this I hear u ask ( well, u probably didn't ask but am gonna tell u anyway ). Out of all the other muller corner thingys, it is nearly always sold out. I'm onto u all u closet yoghurtaholics.

I can't actually complete the difficult level of minesweeper. Tis sad cause I've been trying for two weeks. Had for left one time and then failed. I was damn near in tears.
Toyosi
Rep:
?
well its been over 2 years....

Could just be my doomed relationship attitude to life but I still think odds of finding life partner at 17ish is slim, though not impossible I guess. My friend has been in relationship for over two years now and she's happy and in love. They've planned everything so they can be at uni together. This is my opinion is dumb cause she's off to read english at Cambridge and he wants to do music engineering and is going to some random unheard of college in Cambridge ( its not part of the uni ) just to be with her, not cause its the best place for it or anything. Call me an unromantic cynic if u wish but i assure u this is not the case. I just generally don't believe that relationships started at least before uni can really work.
Toyosi
Rep:
?
It might not seem so sweet if she had a brilliant career ( and she so will ) because she followed her academic dream and he has a not so brilliant career because he followed her. Sacrifice may be sweet when your 20 something and can stand on your own two feet but say the above scenario occured, there could be resentment on his part and guilt on hers which would not make for a very happy relationship. Anyway, this is totally off my original subject. Back to addictions people.
miaow
Report 16 years ago
neighbours is hilarious it's just so ridiculously bad it's funny. i've learnt to controll myself now though and i only watch it if there is absolutely nothing else to do (except coursework)

six feet under. i need the box set. need it!
minesweper is the best game. i got confused when i first played the msn version because the object of it is the opposite of the original one. it's crazy. i won though. yay!

i always have something i'm addicted to. and a song to go with it.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Neighbours rocks!!!

Tahnee is well fit, Darcy is a ok character but can't believe he stole all of that stuff!
cricket
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My family says that I'm obsessed with tv. It's not that I watch to much of it, it's just that I get so caught up in it. It's almost like I get lost in the character's life and world. The next thing I know, I'm looking up things on the internet, reading fanfiction, looking at pictures of the cast, and going to their websets. All the while, I'm counting down the days until I get to see the show again. It's not any particular show, but It's the same for most of the one's that I actually like. The most show that I'm known for is THE X-FILES. I love it. I love the creepyness of it as well as Mulder and Scully's hinted romance. I was devistated when it was cancelled, but made sure to watch the reruns.
Toyosi
Rep:
?
I used to love the X-Files. Actually I lie, I loved David Duchovny. He was my teenage man obsession. However it got to a point when the X-Files got so crap that even David's good looks and wit couldn't induce me to watch it. Six Feet Under is indeed brilliant. Had this whole conversation with my French teacher about it cause I don't know anyone else who watches it.
Would just like to stress that Mushroom Head ( aka Boyd in neighbours, whats with that hair ) is really peeving me off with his spoilt child attempts to destroy his dad and Steph's relationship. There, have said my piece
The Dude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Six Feet Under is very good, I missed a few episodes of the first series, but one night when I was bored and nothing else was on I watched it and I think I have caught every episode since (or taped it). Isn't it written by that same bloke who wrote the script for American Beauty? I think I heard somewhere that it was, at least, it is very similar in style. The programme has so much depth and forces us to confront our own mortality and consider the meaning of life (or lack of it). Also, the character devlopment is and the twists and turns in the plot are excellent. One of the best programmes to come out of the U.S ever I think. But, I just wish they would tone down the explicit homosexual scenes, it makes me wince whenever I sense there is going to be another 'bum'. It tarnishes the programme slightly, they could achieve the same effect by simply using suggestion with the gay characters instead of showing full 'bumming' (i.e, show the gay characters starting to 'make out' and then cut to another scene).
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My Sunday evenings have revolved around the TV at 10 PM every week, for the last 21 weeks, without fail.

BBC2 10 PM, 24 !

If not the most original concept for a television series that has ever been devised - running a programme in real-time. 24, 1 hour episodes, depicting a whole day. Genius.

3 episodes to go though, we're at 5 AM, only got till 8 AM to go.

(No spoilers please from those that have been watching on BBC3 because they have been watching the next episode straight afterwards all season, ie they're now at 6 AM)
Toyosi
Rep:
?
Yeah, the homosexual scenes are a bit off putting. I have no problem with homosexuals but I don't really wanna see them at it. You're totally right, the power of suggestion can be so much greater than just having pointless sex scenes.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
lana lane from smallville. Damn she is fine
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i think freecell is more addictive than minesweeper- i just like it cos i can do it + my super-brainy boyfriend can't *evil laugh*...it is kinda sad tho- we were on the phone and racing each other on the same game at our own computers (i won!!!!)...i managed to win 21 games in a row, anyone beat this?
My record is 21 wins as well!!! But at the moment I am going through a solitaire phase - my record time is 54seconds!!! I am very sad!!!
Koloth
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Expression
My Sunday evenings have revolved around the TV at 10 PM every week, for the last 21 weeks, without fail.

BBC2 10 PM, 24 !

If not the most original concept for a television series that has ever been devised - running a programme in real-time. 24, 1 hour episodes, depicting a whole day. Genius.

3 episodes to go though, we're at 5 AM, only got till 8 AM to go.

(No spoilers please from those that have been watching on BBC3 because they have been watching the next episode straight afterwards all season, ie they're now at 6 AM)
I actually saw the 2nd series months ago. There are places where you can *cough* download *cough* the USA airings.

I'm also quite fond of the Star Trek spin offs and Stargate SG1.
Toyosi
Rep:
?
I loved classic star trek when I was younger. I thought Spock was ace. Did anyone see that episode of Family Guy with William Shatner on it. That was absolutely hilarious. Do they still do family guy? It was totally underated. It made me laugh more often than the Simpsons or Futurama.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (215)
12.42%
Excited (159)
9.19%
Worried (307)
17.74%
Terrified (383)
22.13%
Meh (176)
10.17%
Confused (37)
2.14%