Turn on thread page Beta
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    So I just finished my AS and gotten 5AS in Chem bio phy math and arabic
    I was planning to apply to cambridge but I didnt get above 90% ums in any of the subjects. I am really confident of BMATs.
    So I decided of trying for oxford but Im really worried that my gcse's ruin my chance this is what I got. keep in mind these are IGCSE
    Chem A*
    Phy A*
    Bio A*
    Math A*
    ICT A*
    Arabic A*
    English 2nd language B
    Now the reason I did only 7 subjects was cause my school didnt allow it. Is there any point of applying there
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Anyone>?

(Original post by koolgurl14)
    I was planning to apply to cambridge but I didnt get above 90% ums in any of the subjects. I am really confident of BMATs.
    So I decided of trying for oxford but Im really worried that my gcse's ruin my chance this is what I got. keep in mind these are IGCSE
    Chem A*
    Phy A*
    Bio A*
    Math A*
    ICT A*
    Arabic A*
    English 2nd language B
    Now the reason I did only 7 subjects was cause my school didnt allow it. Is there any point of applying there
    Don't worry about it. Oxford uses both number of A*s at GCSE as well as proportion of A*s to keep it fair. Your proportion of A*s comes to 86 percent, which is pretty good. They also contextualise it so that the average person at your school got 2 A*s, they'd know that you're performing significantly better than your peers. Just ace the BMAT and you'll be fine.

With the UMS, what's your average % UMS across chemistry, biology and maths? That's the measure that Cambridge use. They don't need you to get above 90 percent in every subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koolgurl14)
    Chem A*
    Phy A*
    Bio A*
    Math A*
    ICT A*
    Arabic A*
    English 2nd language B
    go for it mate. i don't think your gcse will stop you from getting an interview (and offer), but BMAT would be more important. Indeed some people only apply with their BMAT scores.
    also what sort of school do you go to? that may influence their decision.

I am not sure if they have a gcse requirement for english as a first language. it might be worth checking with them.

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.