Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I achieved an A (174/200 UMS) in A level ICT this year. To my understanding I need to get an A overall in AS/A2 and then achieve 90% average in the A2 units (180/200 UMS) to get an A*. I'll likely get 80 in the coursework module, requiring 100 in the exam. Have I got this correct? My teacher said something about needing to be in the top 1% or something, and that I should consider resitting the AS exam to boost UMS. As far as I can see, that's a bit pointless since an A should be ('easily' achievable anyway?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Tank Girl)
    x

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I've moved this over to the Computing/ICT forum now, you should get more replies here

ReputationRep:
    If you're aiming for an A* then forget about your AS. Resitting them won't make any difference now, because you only need to average 80% across both AS and A2, and 90% in your A2 modules.

Therefore, if someone got 70% at AS and got the 90% on their A2 modules, that would average 80% overall AND qualify for an A* due to their 90% average in their A2 modules.

However if someone got 90% at AS and 70% at A2, even though that would give you an A overall, you wouldn't get an A* because the 90% is specifically required for the A2 modules.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 11, 2015
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.