☺Cat☺
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I've never really got into any sport in particular because PE was terrible at my school. Now I'm heading to uni and regretting not taking up any sports at school.

What sport would be a good one for a beginner like myself?
Augu5t
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Cycling maybe. Most university's have societies. Cycling is low impact training and by that I mean its not too strenuous on the body. An hour of cycling has a lower impact then say an hour of running.
chickenonsteroids
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lacrosse because what even is that
legache
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Badminton! It's like tennis but less impact, you don't need to be strong. I feel the same as you about sports, and I really don't like team games because I feel I'm the worst in the team, always picked last, and like I am being sneered at. I prefer a pair game like badminton or tennis.
Table tennis? If it counts as a sport.
Also horse riding could be fun!

These aren't sports but I'm thinking of going to water aerobics and salsa dance classes!
☺Cat☺
Rep:
?
(Original post by legache)
Badminton! It's like tennis but less impact, you don't need to be strong. I feel the same as you about sports, and I really don't like team games because I feel I'm the worst in the team, always picked last, and like I am being sneered at. I prefer a pair game like badminton or tennis.
Table tennis? If it counts as a sport.
Also horse riding could be fun!

These aren't sports but I'm thinking of going to water aerobics and salsa dance classes!
I was actually thinking badminton myself - it was the only sport at school I didn't hate I'll probably do that then!

Good luck with your sporting/fitness endeavours, too
A level sufferer
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Competitive eating
☺Cat☺
Rep:
?
(Original post by Augu5t)
Cycling maybe. Most university's have societies. Cycling is low impact training and by that I mean its not too strenuous on the body. An hour of cycling has a lower impact then say an hour of running.
Interesting thought. I used to do cycling at school and it was pretty alright (I came close to fainting on several occasions, but that was mostly my fault for being out of shape and dehydrated).

I actually started doing running recently (by myself, mind) and I think it's great. It was the running which made me realise I actually don't hate being active, it was just PE at school I didn't like.

Thanks for your ideas
☺Cat☺
Rep:
?
(Original post by chickenonsteroids)
Lacrosse because what even is that
When we did lacrosse at school it was BRUTAL. Maybe it was because no one in my class was very good... but, a day doing lacrosse which didn't involve someone being hit in the head with one of the sticks was... I mean.... I wish I could have seen the day!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (53)
17.15%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (88)
28.48%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (117)
37.86%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (40)
12.94%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.56%

Watched Threads