Turn on thread page Beta

Google chrome "not responding" happening all the time watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting this problem very regularly. I'll be browsing something and then suddenly, it'll just freeze up and I get "not responding". This happens nearly every time I go on chrome and it's almost unusable. It happens on both incognito and normal. I haven't had this problem before, it seems to have started in the last few days.

I tried using chrome in windows 8 mode and it was all right for like a day, then I started getting not responding on there too. I've run a full scan on my computer and found nothing.

I'm currently typing this message from internet explorer. This is how dire the situation is. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this?

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea how to solve your problem, but I see you're being forced to use IE so I've dropped everything and started a kickstarter campaign to get this sorted.

ReputationRep:
    Firefox?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RFowler)
    I'm getting this problem very regularly. I'll be browsing something and then suddenly, it'll just freeze up and I get "not responding". This happens nearly every time I go on chrome and it's almost unusable. It happens on both incognito and normal. I haven't had this problem before, it seems to have started in the last few days.

I tried using chrome in windows 8 mode and it was all right for like a day, then I started getting not responding on there too. I've run a full scan on my computer and found nothing.

I'm currently typing this message from internet explorer. This is how dire the situation is. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this?
    I'm assuming youve just got windows 10?

seems to be happening to a lot of people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    I'm assuming youve just got windows 10?

seems to be happening to a lot of people.
    Nope, windows 8/8.1

ReputationRep:
    Nope, windows 8/8.1
    Hm weird,

I did have that issue for a while but it just kind of went away on its own. Sos dude

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    Hm weird,

I did have that issue for a while but it just kind of went away on its own. Sos dude
    So I'm going to be an internet explorer refugee for the foreseeable future?

ReputationRep:
    So I'm going to be an internet explorer refugee for the foreseeable future?
    I used Firefox, but no chrome unfortch

ReputationRep:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 9, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.