Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I wondering, has anyone who applied for halls via clearing been allocated anywhere yet ? I applied on the 17th August - The first day they allowed clearing applicants but haven't heard anything back yet. My accommodation status on OSIS still says 'Pending' I am holding out for a place,as I really want to live in halls, but as my enrollment date gets closer (19th Sept) I am getting quite anxious. Don't want to be homeless in Kingston. Any ideas on what to do ??

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same boat, my application still says pending. I would be prepared for them to not give you a room. Look for student houses online. After calling them they have told me that they are prioritising people who live further away to give the halls too. In my personal case because of the distance i am, I've been told that I'm likely going to get one of the rooms but I'm still prepared even if they don't give me one

ReputationRep:
    If you don't mind me asking, how far away are you ??
    I live 130 miles away, so commuting is not feasible. However, I feel the overseas students will get priority as technically, they live the furthest away from Kingston.

ReputationRep:
    I live about 200 miles away

ReputationRep:
    I gave them a call as I was in the same situation, applying on the 17th. They've said all rooms are now taken and people are better off looking at private accommodation for the time being as they have no space for now, there is a waiting list too.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have recently been accepted to study Engineering at Kingston university, so I imagine when I call today they will have no accommodation judging this feed.
    Have you been successful with finding any accommodations with other students?

ReputationRep:
    I've ended up accepting an ensuite studio room at IQ Wave halls, but it ridiculously expensive.
    Luckily for me my family are helping me out financially,but still ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onwards-and-up)
    I've ended up accepting an ensuite studio room at IQ Wave halls, but it ridiculously expensive.
    Luckily for me my family are helping me out financially,but still ....
    Are they still available then?
    Correct me if I am wrong but they are £300 a week? Would the deposit still be £300?
    I really want to still have the experience of moving in with other students so I may have to do the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie9293)
    Are they still available then?
    Correct me if I am wrong but they are £300 a week? Would the deposit still be £300?
    I really want to still have the experience of moving in with other students so I may have to do the same.
    The IQ Wave ensuite studio rooms ( which I have accepted ) is £234 per week and the deposit is £300 - the same deposit as any other hall rooms at Kingston.
    Like you, I wanted to have the experience of living in halls -albeit an expensive one,as opposed to house sharing. The ensuite studio rooms were the only rooms currently available. I didn't want to wait, in case all those rooms went and I would have no option but to continue waiting or go into house sharing/private accommodation. I accepted the studio room last Friday, so they may well have some left. Best you give the Kingston Accommodation team a ring. Good Luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 14, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.