-Tupac
    -Kendrick Lamar
    -Kanye West
    - Ja Rule back in the day
    -Ice Cube
    -Busta Rhymes
    -Nicki Minaj
    the list goes on
    Massive J.Cole fan btw and love Kendricks 'blacker the berry' track, and the rest of the artists you'd probably know well

Also old school/rnb? R.Kelly, Avant,T-Pain, Usher, Mariah Carey Mario, Beyonce, Rihanna, Kelly Rowland, Ne-Yo, and oh yeah AKON!

Frank ocean, Miguel, Childish Gambino, Dr Dre, Mobb Deep, Nelly

Grew up listening to the golden music and still do to this day, wbu?

ReputationRep:
    All about that kelly ft nelly song and old school usher songs like burn. I like old school Beyoncé too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghaniza)
    Who LOVES hiphop?

-J.Cole
    -Tupac
    -Kendrick Lamar
    -Kanye West
    - Ja Rule back in the day
    -Nicki Minaj

Massive J.Cole fan btw and love Kendricks 'blacker the berry' track, and the rest of the artists you'd probably know well

Also old school/rnb? R.Kelly, Avant,T-Pain, Usher, Mariah Carey Mario, Beyonce, Rihanna and oh yeah AKON!

Grew up listening to the golden music and still do to this day, wbu?
    Why did you include Nicki Minaj? My nan can rap better than her and she doesn't even speak good English.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzimH)
    Why did you include Nicki Minaj? My nan can rap better than her and she doesn't even speak good English.
    Lol i think as a female rapper she's done herself well, people are always so critical of female rappers. I like her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    All about that kelly ft nelly song and old school usher songs like burn. I like old school Beyoncé too
    Hell yeah, Nelly in the good old days, and the destiny's child albums were so good, Burn is like a classic

ReputationRep:
    Lol i think as a female rapper she's done herself well, people are always so critical of female rappers. I like her
    Oh yeah true! I use to be obsessed with rap but now the only current artist I listen to are Eminem, Flo Rida & Jay Z and obviously old stuff like Tupac, Nas and biggie. As I grew older I started to listen to bands like Fall out Boy, Imagine dragons, One republic etc.

ReputationRep:
    Hell yeah, Nelly in the good old days, and the destiny's child albums were so good, Burn is like a classic
    LMAO! Remember the times people use to bluetooth each other Akon songs

ReputationRep:
    How dare you put Tupac and Ja Rule in the same list? Shame on you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzimH)
    Oh yeah true! I use to be obsessed with rap but now I only listen to Eminem, Flo Rida & Jay Z and obviously old stuff like Tupac, Nas and biggie. As I grew older I started to listen to bands like Fall out Boy, Imagine dragons, One republic etc.
    You know I'm surprised i haven't listened to Nas, he is well respected but where is he? Hardly hear of him in terms of mainstream. I will go check him out. I like Eminem too, One Republic and haha backstreet boys back in the day

Do you think hip hop is changing for the good or the bad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad)
    How dare you put Tupac and Ja Rule in the same list? Shame on you!
    It's not a list made in order just artists i love

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzimH)
    LMAO! Remember the times people use to bluetooth each other Akon songs
    Lol the good old days when smack that, locked up, beautiful came out, i miss akon

ReputationRep:
    You know I'm surprised i haven't listened to Nas, he is well respected but where is he? Hardly hear of him in terms of mainstream. I will go check him out. I like Eminem too, One Republic and haha backstreet boys back in the day

Do you think hip hop is changing for the good or the bad?
    Yeah I really do think it has changed for the worse. Lyrics are being dumb down- having no true meaning no more and they are not as passionate as they use to be. What's your thoughts about it?

ReputationRep:
    Lol the good old days when smack that, locked up, beautiful came out, i miss akon
    Haha me too. Where is he now? He suddenly vanished from the face of the earth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzimH)
    Haha me too. Where is he now? He suddenly vanished from the face of the earth.
    He's doing a lot of charity work in Africa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pmprin)
    He's doing a lot of charity work in Africa.
    Yup! I meant music wise btw but yeah he is a real good guy. He's trying to provide solar panels for the whole of Africa.

ReputationRep:
    If you're talking about old school rnb then you forgot the best of them all - Aaliyah.

ReputationRep:
    Mariah Carey, Ashanti, Ciara, Aaliyah, Beyonce (and Destiny's Child) Erykah Badu and Lauren Hill all did it for me.

ReputationRep:
    Hip hop has turned to **** in the in recent years, but there are a few glimmers of hope in Kendrick Lamar, Joey Badass, Vince Staples, and people like MF Doom are still doing it.
    OP get to know Nas; Illmatic is arguably the best hip hop album of all time.

As far as R&B is concerned, I'm just glad someone has mentioned Erykah Badu! Jill Scott and D'Angelo need a mention too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzimH)
    Yeah I really do think it has changed for the worse. Lyrics are being dumb down- having no true meaning no more and they are not as passionate as they use to be. What's your thoughts about it?
    i feel like some hip hop is moving towards pop and mainstream, i can still enjoy but it ruins the quality of music, i mean it's like music is becoming a fashion, it's supposed to be eternal but now it's changing like 'last seasons music'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad)
    Hip hop has turned to **** in the in recent years, but there are a few glimmers of hope in Kendrick Lamar, Joey Badass, Vince Staples, and people like MF Doom are still doing it.
    OP get to know Nas; Illmatic is arguably the best hip hop album of all time.

As far as R&B is concerned, I'm just glad someone has mentioned Erykah Badu! Jill Scott and D'Angelo need a mention too.
    Kendrick is doing wonders for the industry, bringing back that intellectualism/originality in his rap game. Omg D'Angelo is incredible and he actually had the latest song 'Really Love' it's like taking a person back in time, to the good old days. He's struggling with his image but i'm here for the music

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.