Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I hear all the GCSE maths exams were very hard, or so everybody i know from other schools say. I did OCR, did anybody else? I found it really, really easy actually so i'm happy, I do have a tendancy to get high 90-100% in practise exams but even compared to normal maths exams todays non calculator one was simple. Thinking about it afterwards i know 2 marks out of 100 i probably lost but most of it seemed ok, though with me i'm always prone to stupid mistakes, eg getting my 2 times tables wrong or something!

The marks were SO generous, you got 2 marks just for knowing;
    (5^6*5^3) /5^4 Well those aren't the exact powers they had but that's the jist of it. There was also 4 marks towards the end for some VERY basic algebra, science was also really easy, i see what they mean about exams these days, as long as you do OCR!

ReputationRep:
    edexcel the examboard

edexcel have been really mean this year they have put in realy awkward questions. that are somehow impossible to all do in two hours. they make the exams hard and wen people cant do it have to move the boundaries down and waste all that money and time wen they could just make it all normal. if u ever want to do gcses OCR are the best and somehow the easiest all the edexcel papers have bin difficult for gcse and definitely a level made people even cry over it. Sort it out edexcel cos i sure do feel strongly about it and i know others do why cant they just sort it out
    :confused: :eek: :mad: :rolleyes: :cool: :cool:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 11, 2004
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.