What to do about a manipulative boss with all the right friends?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
My boss is the most manipulative, evil and twisted individual. This isn't your typical, I hate my boss for being my boss; I hate her because of the person she is: evil!

Thing is; my former boss got pushed out/bullied out by her. He was a nice guy.

Ever since she took over, she's appointed a external HR company, whom she's good mates with the manager.

The HR rep is best friends with her, the staff trainer loves her. The board of directors think the suns shines out of her ***.

There is a long trail of former disgruntled employees she fired, some might say constitutes 'unfair dismissal'. One was a 16yo girl with cancer, she got a text to say 'not to come back'. Later, to save grace they hired her. Another, dropped down had a heart attack- was texted again.

Another, had back injury at work, came back to ask about 'reasonable adjustments to be made by employer'- Boss says sorry but no thanks.

This isn't the worst. To long to go into, but she is extremely manipulative and often says nasty things to people in isolated incidents, knowing full well HR are on her side. She and HR lady often chat on phone before someone is getting fired. I hate them and her hitler regime.

What to do? Worked her 8 years, 5 of those have been hell.
doodle_333
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Leave.

You won't achieve anything in this situation, particularly without a massive amount of effort, stress and upset - just get out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (44)
5.8%
Uncertainty around my education (88)
11.61%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (80)
10.55%
Lack of purpose or motivation (97)
12.8%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.15%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (43)
5.67%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (82)
10.82%
Financial worries (51)
6.73%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.22%
Exposure to negative news/social media (47)
6.2%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.17%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (72)
9.5%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (59)
7.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise