Turn on thread page Beta

Student Finance was supposed to come through 2 weeks ago... watch

ReputationRep:
    So my SF tuition fee loan was supposed to come through 2 weeks ago, I rang them up 2 weeks ago and they said wait a week, rang them up 1 week ago and they said wait a week and I've rang them up this week and, you've guessed it, they said wait a week.

Am I being fobbed off? I start uni on the 19th so I don't have much time left. I haven't got the confirmation letter yet, is there any way to speed up the process? I've sent in eligibility details and everything I'm just waiting on that letter now.

ReputationRep:
    Does it say on your online account that your payments are scheduled?
    Usually you get student finance on the first day of term, so for you this would be the 19th.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WishIHadRevised)
    So my SF tuition fee loan was supposed to come through 2 weeks ago, I rang them up 2 weeks ago and they said wait a week, rang them up 1 week ago and they said wait a week and I've rang them up this week and, you've guessed it, they said wait a week.

Am I being fobbed off? I start uni on the 19th so I don't have much time left. I haven't got the confirmation letter yet, is there any way to speed up the process? I've sent in eligibility details and everything I'm just waiting on that letter now.
    Hello!

Are you sure you mean tuition fee loan? As this is paid directly to the university so you won't see a penny of it

If you mean maintenance loan/grant then this usually comes through 1-2 days after starting university. If you go to student finance and try the 'payments scheduled' section you should be able to see the status of any payments

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liz94)
    Hello!

Are you sure you mean tuition fee loan? As this is paid directly to the university so you won't see a penny of it

If you mean maintenance loan/grant then this usually comes through 1-2 days after starting university. If you go to student finance and try the 'payments scheduled' section you should be able to see the status of any payments
    But aren't I supposed to get a confirmation letter for the tuition fee loan mailed to my address? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dusky Mauve)
    Does it say on your online account that your payments are scheduled?
    Usually you get student finance on the first day of term, so for you this would be the 19th.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It doesn't say any payments are scheduled. It says 'we'll contact you by post once your application has been approved'.

ReputationRep:
    But aren't I supposed to get a confirmation letter for the tuition fee loan mailed to my address? :P
    It doesn't say any payments are scheduled. It says 'we'll contact you by post once your application has been approved'.
    Yep you should get a letter to your address, looks like it's just still being processed then. Did you apply late or have they just been pissing around all summer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liz94)
    Yep you should get a letter to your address, looks like it's just still being processed then. Did you apply late or have they just been pissing around all summer?
    Well I registered in May and sent my eligibility documents, passport details etc. in on June so maybe it is my fault. :/

ReputationRep:
    Well I registered in May and sent my eligibility documents, passport details etc. in on June so maybe it is my fault. :/
    Nope! Sounds like you registered well on time and sent everything off properly. Contact your uni ASAP as they may have a hardship fund incase your loan doesn't come through in time to pay rent. My uni offers grants in tesco vouchers that you don't have to pay back if SF are being useless.

Make sure you have an overdraft in place incase you need to pay rent.

Sounds like SF being... Well SF. They're extremely useless

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.